Cable Card Issue (Time Warner)

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Dying Lemur, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Dying Lemur

Dying Lemur New Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Hellooo. A couple of days ago I bought a Tivo Premiere Elite and have been trying to get it up an running for 2 days now. So far I have tried 3 Scientific Atlanta cable cards, and all have failed. Every one of them has said "Not Staged" and the tech support people from Time Warner have been unable to get any of them staged. The most recent fellow from Time Warner is telling me that he thinks the entire crop of cable cards from Time Warner at 23rd Street in NYC is messed up, and that I should go to a different Time Warner office to get my next card. Has anybody ever heard of such a thing?

Suggestions? Ideas?

I hope I posted in the correct forum. Thanks.

2. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    This probably would be a better place:
    http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=316313
    Search that thread for "NYC", "Manhattan" and "New York". I seem to recall lots of war stories from your area. I find the "all cards are bad" theory rather implausible but who knows? Most such problems, all over the country, are due to cable co ineptitude, not the hardware.

3. Dying Lemur

Dying Lemur New Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Thanks. I appreciate the response.

I was definitely getting the impression that it was a lack of knowledge on the part of many of the people I spoke with. It's like a lottery where you win if you get the right person on the other end.