Cable card installed with no problems

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by dkwong, Sep 4, 2007.

1. dkwong

dkwong New Member

Aug 27, 2007
    Union City, CA
    With all of the horror stories I keep reading on this board about failed cable card installs, I thought I'd share my good experience. The Comcast guy showed up in the middle of the 2 hour window with an M card (and a few other M cards as backup). We plugged it into the Tivo, the Tivo recognized it and took me to the cable card setup menu, the Comcast guy called up to initialize the card, and a few minutes later the Tivo automatically went to the acquiring channels page. Then I did a full guided setup to get a new channel guide and all the new channels (including the HD ones) showed up. I'm getting all the channels I should be getting and the picture quality is really good, especially MojoHD.

2. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Perhaps that's the only good thing there is to say about MojoHD and it's worthless programming :D It's no longer even selected as a "Channel I receive".

3. bkane

bkane New Member

Aug 30, 2006
    Eugene, OR
    dkwong,
    Where are you located? I am curious about if Comcast has M-cards near me. I live in Oregon. Its good to hear that you had a good experience. Thanks.

4. dkwong

dkwong New Member

Aug 27, 2007
    Union City, CA
    Updated my profile with my location.