cable card installed and working

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by geohuff, May 4, 2010.

1. geohuff

geohuff New Member

Apr 26, 2010
    Washington DC

Advertisements

Comcast came out today and installed my Cablecard. Frankly, I wasn't at all hopeful about this being a success. I was holding onto all the packing materials in case I wanted to return my Premiere. But the install went very smoothly. Took about 45 minutes. Tested channels and they were all there! Tech knew what he was doing, and I think this Tivo rocks. A big improvement over the Comcast Motorola DVR I had.

But seriously Tivo folks. It all is a bit half-baked. There were some cable / Internet outages this evening (a coincidence on the same day of my install) . I'm wanting to play with my new toy, and there should be NO dependency on Internet access to view things that had already been recorded. Very odd pauses of around a minute just to view programs that had been recorded OTA prior to my cablecard install. Very annoying.

But I'm lovin' my tivo after day 1 with cablecard. :up: I'll throw those boxes away now.

2. Hokie Soup

Hokie Soup New Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Washington DC
    I live in the District as well and was really impressed with how easy my cable card install was also. The installer wasn't particularly knowledgeable, but the CSR he worked with at Comcast was able to pair the card immediately on both my Premiere and THD. Kudos to Washington DC Comcast! .... and TiVo.

3. beerguy045

beerguy045 New Member

Apr 30, 2010
    There's problems using the Tivo without an internet connection?

This might be the straw that breaks the camel's back..

4. moolman

moolman New Member

Dec 22, 2005
    I had router problems so I know what you are talking about. When the internet goes out. You can't access the show's various options. To watch a recorded show you just push play from the main list menu. You can't select into it where you get the list of options like play, delete, more, etc.

5. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 23, 2003
    Chicago, IL

Advertisements

This seems like a design flaw to me. It should be capable of detecting that you have no internet and still allow access to the sub-menus for previously recorded content.

6. moolman

moolman New Member

Dec 22, 2005
    I haven't had my Tivo for long but it does that for the shows with the blue dot next to the name. The other ones are accessible when the internet is out.