buying box from DVR Upgrade

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by frankincensed, Dec 9, 2011.

1. frankincensed

frankincensed New Member

May 3, 2009
    Has anyone purchased a premier from the DVR Upgrade company? I see their warranty is 6 mos. rather than the standard 3 offered by Tivo. Interested in anyones impressions that have purchased from them
    Thanks

2. ciscokid

ciscokid Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Tampadelphia...
    Actually, it'd be a lot cheaper if you just bought a regular Premiere (Or HD) and bought a ready to go drive and put it in yourself. It'd take you about 5 minutes and is REALLY simple.

You don't really need any computer experience at all. Just check around here in the forums.

3. frankincensed

frankincensed New Member

May 3, 2009
    Yea but then I wouldn't have any kind of warranty, & from the looks of a lot of these posts, that is something I would want to have, Thx for the suggestion though. Anyone else with opnion/experience with this company?

4. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    They have been around a long time. I had no problems with my dealings with them years ago when I used DirecTV TiVos.

I used them and Weaknees too. Both have been around for many years. I have no complaints with either.

5. frankincensed

frankincensed New Member

May 3, 2009
    Hey Thnx!

6. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Aren't they the same company now?