button printing wearing off

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by grizel, Jan 10, 2006.

1. grizel

grizel New Member

Feb 19, 2005
    Any suggestions what to do to replace the numbers and junk that are wearing off my dtivo peanut remote? does anyone out there make rub on decal so anything. :confused:

2. darthrsg

darthrsg New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    post 911...
    mine is the same way:)
    but i am using harmomy 880 now

3. ttodd1

ttodd1 Proud Computer Geek

Nov 5, 2003
    SC
    There is always a Sharpie. :)

4. Tom J

Tom J New Member

Jan 24, 2004
    Omaha, NE
    A friend of mine (who has jelly fingered kids) showed me a great trick. He took his newly acquired remotes down to a friend at Blockbuster and they heat shrinkwrapped them. The very thin plastic layer didn't interfere with its operation but sealed it from dust and gook...and helped prevent the legends from rubbing off. Worked great.

Tom J

5. The Flush

The Flush Not So Notable Member TCF Club

Aug 3, 2005
    SO OH
    Do you really need to be able to read the label for each button on the remote? I use my remote mostly by feel, not sight, and if I need to look at the remote, I still don't need to read the labels because it's kind of obvious what each button is for based on its location.

Also, how much are new peanut remote anyway? I did not think they were that expensive if you really need one with legible labels.

6. Jotas

Jotas Got TV?

Mar 19, 2005
    flaVAtown
    The 30 second skip print is starting to come off on mine. It's been over a year now, so I guess that would make sense. I think I will use my HR10s peanut remote to control the R10 for now since I am using the Harmony 880 to control the HR10. As far as price goes $29 gets you a replacement from Weakness.

7. ihatecable

ihatecable Crazy Collies

Apr 16, 2003
    Long Island,NY
    Ebay