Burning DVD with Nero 7 (Demo)

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by Neotrin, Feb 27, 2006.

1. Neotrin

Neotrin New Member

Dec 29, 2005
    I tried burning a dvd from a tivo file using Nero and everything seemed to progress normally. Unfortunately, the audio is not sychronized with the video. There is about a 2 second lag (video after sound). I wrote to Nero and have heard nothing. Am I doing something wrong?

2. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets TCF Bookie

Jul 12, 2005
    East Hell
    You need to convert it from being a .tivo file before burning using Nero...what'd you use??? That's most likely what knocked off the syncing...

3. TiMo1978

TiMo1978 New Member

Feb 6, 2006
    you need to convert the tivo file? i was under the impression that you didn't need to do any converting with nero 7

4. Neotrin

Neotrin New Member

Dec 29, 2005
    That was my impression as well. I can't find anything within Nero that does the converting, but then I'm fairly media unsophisticated.

5. greg_burns

greg_burns Now in HD

May 21, 2004
    Slower...
    Here is a great thread about all the trouble and tribulations brought on by trying to use Nero without "converting" first.

No need for MyDVD, Nero works fine.

But don't both reading it all, jump to the end...

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=3800640&&#post3800640

suffice it to say; download DirectShow Dump and call it a day.

6. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets TCF Bookie

Jul 12, 2005
    East Hell
    Heh...sorry...going from my experience, Nero 7 wouldn't burn a .tivo file without converting with something else...but I only tried it once, converted using VideoReDo and the audio was unsynced, got frustrated and decided that I didn't really need it burned afterall...
    In lieu of more incorrect answers from me...Nero's gotta have a support forum someplace...

7. whitcre

whitcre New Member

Nov 25, 2004
    what version of nero do i need. i saw some on ebay. 6.6 and 7 for $15-$25. will this work

8. greg_burns

greg_burns Now in HD

May 21, 2004
    Slower...
    If you buy an OEM version, make sure it has the DVD Plug-in.

There are 3 OEM suites out there, so be careful.

http://www.softwareandstuff.com/SWW12252.html

Wouldn't think it would be legal to purchase OEM without also ordering a burner, but whatever... :rolleyes: