burning DVd from TV downloads to PC

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Rosanne, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Rosanne

Rosanne New Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Does anyone have any knowledge of how to change the format of a downloaded program from Tivo? I have downloaded a program to my PC in am attempt to burn to a DVd, however, no matter what application I use ( Nero, wondows movie maker, wondows media player, etc) I cannot import the file to the program. i get a window that says the format is not supported. i have to convert to a mwav format or something similar. i've tried to save it to my hard drive and then change the format but I don't get an option for an MWav. file or anything similiar.
    Any ideas?
    help!!!

thanks,
    rosanne

2. gastrof

gastrof Hubcaps r in fashion

Oct 31, 2003
    Potato and pen.
    Your post's title may be defeating you.

You say you're downloading it from your "TV".

If you change that to "TiVo" you might get a few more nibbles.

This also might have been better posted in the "Help" forum.

3. Enrique

Enrique Well-Known Member

May 15, 2006
  4. d_anders

d_anders Sr Legacy Member

Oct 12, 2000
    Twin Cities...
    I believe Sonic is the official TiVo partner for DVD burning of .tivo files once their transfered by TiVo2Go. Sonic's MyDVD, if I recall...need to look into how you need to license it so that .tivo file burning is enabled...not sure if it's right out of the box or an add-on.

If you search the forum there are a couple of tools that will convert the .tivo files into other formats so your options increase from there, and probably more information on MyDVD. I believe part of your issue could be part of the DRM that is placed into the files.

http://www.sonic.com/about/press/news/2005/01/tivo.aspx

5. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    It is Roxio now. Bu check the TiVoToGo/HMO forum for the answers you seek.