Burner or hard drive? Who to blame?

Discussion in 'DVD TiVo Units (Archive)' started by sioux, Sep 12, 2007.

1. sioux

sioux New Member

Sep 12, 2007
    Am out of my depth here-totally techno-impaired so bear with me..... At first it was just occasional invalid disc messages on previously burned discs but it would continue to burn and read new ones. Things went downhill from there. Started getting the dreaded internal error message when attempting to burn-and now it will not recognize any burned or blank media. It claims no disc! I have attempted many hard retarts, a myriad of differnt medias, even tried the 5 then 7 button dance! My real question is this-is this a player problem, a hard drive problem, or both? ANY insight would make me eternally grateful!

2. Chester_Lampwick

Chester_Lampwick Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Hamilton,...
    If it won't play any pre-recorded material either Hollywood or home produced, I'm guessing the DVD drive is bad. Hard drive problems usually present themselves as problems with the more traditional TiVo functions....

3. sioux

sioux New Member

Sep 12, 2007
    Chester-the unit will play commercial dvds just fine-it just will not recognize anything it burned or any of the many blank medias I've tried-- differnt kinds,makes and speeds. Any further insights?