Burn Notice "Last Stand" 12/16/2010

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by hummingbird_206, Dec 23, 2010.

1. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...

Advertisements

The season finale, really? already? ugh! I searched for a thread, but didn't see one yet. Is everyone saving up eps to view over the holidays?

"Be careful what you wish for", bummer we have to wait til next summer to find out if that's true.

I still love this show, but I'll really be glad if they end all the 'burn notice' angst and move the stories back to Mike, Fi, Sam, Mom, and even Jesse just solving problems for people.

And speaking of Mom, she sure evolved from being just annoying to being one of my favorite TV moms ever!

2. pendragn

pendragn Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2001
    Ames Iowa
    I just watched the last three episodes tonight. Very enjoyable. I think the writers do a fantastic job progressing the "burn notice" story line.

tk

3. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I think they do a fantastic job of creating the illusion of progressing the "burn notice" storyline, without much ever actually changing.

He always peels back another layer, punches through it, and ends up in pretty much the same situation he was at the beginning of the series.

4. Hunter Green

Hunter Green Curmudgeon

Feb 22, 2002
    People's...
    That's certainly how this will turn out, and probably by the end of the season premiere (and that's what we mostly want); but this one sure looks different at the moment.

5. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis

Advertisements

Yeah, it does...that really surprised me, and made me wonder what's really going on.

6. IJustLikeTivo

IJustLikeTivo Active Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    They should just give up the premise and move on. Human Target did the same thing. They realized that they couldn't sustain it. Burn notice hasn't figured that out yet.

7. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    What premise did Human Target give up on? It's the same show it was last year, only a little less silly. (Unless you mean the core premise of the original Human Target comics, which the show gave up on before it ever aired...)

The premise of a burn notice is kinda central to "Burn Notice"...I think what they need to do is give up on Michael trying to get out of it, and just have him live with it. At least for a while. Otherwise, it's like Lucy, Charlie Brown, and a football.

8. pendragn

pendragn Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2001
    Ames Iowa
    See, I disagree. I think Burn Notice has sustained it so far. I do agree with Rob though, it is more the illusion of the storyline progressing, but it's still enjoyable to watch.

tk

9. IndyJones1023

IndyJones1023 Auteur

Apr 1, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Who was the new big bad at the end? Michael seemed to know him by saying "You...." You who? Has he been on the show before?

10. Craigbob

Craigbob Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2006
    Land of...
    I don't think we've seen him before, but I got the impression he was Michael's old boss. He was being welcomed back to the company.

11. eddyj

eddyj SeƱor Member TCF Club

Jun 20, 2002
    South Florida
    I have totally lost track of who is who. Too many bad guys, and they all seem the same.

I am still watching, though. :D

12. IndyJones1023

IndyJones1023 Auteur

Apr 1, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    The point of this show is pretty stupid. They burn him out of the agency only to work him back in?

13. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    You actually think he's getting back in?!?

14. IndyJones1023

IndyJones1023 Auteur

Apr 1, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    No, it's probably yet another shadow organization operating outside the law that can't seem to do anything for itself and so must resort to ruining the life of a former spy in order to blackmail him into working for them.

Just like every other season so far. This show is getting tiring.

15. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Yeah, I compared it earlier to Lucy pulling the football away from Charlie Brown.

You'd think eventually good ol' Charlie Brown would learn his lesson, but he never does.

16. Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    Or possibly Michael will be given a choice... return to the agency and never see his compatriots again, or maintain the status quo of being burned. It sure seemed like the point of this season was Michael struggling with that decision.

17. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I should probably clarify...in my mind, Lucy is the show's writers, the football is the notion of Michael getting the burn notice rescinded, and we are Charlie Brown.

18. Zevida

Zevida witless and unarmed TCF Club

Nov 8, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    I love this show!

I can't believe they blew up the Charger. I wonder if we'll see Michael rebuilding it next season. That car and the aviator sunglasses define Michael.

I'm totally fine with the way the Burn Notice story has developed and how it is balanced with the case of the week plots. I did like the threesome and I'm not too keen on Jesse sticking around forever, but he's growing on me.

Brennan and Larry together in the second to last episode was genius though I'm sad they are both out of the picture now.

19. holee

holee Uncertain

Dec 12, 2000
    Raleigh, NC
    With Hyundai investing so much into the show, I'm surprised it took this long for them to get rid of it. I wouldn't be surprised if that's part of the reason for that.

20. Turtleboy

Turtleboy Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 24, 2001
    Ft. Lauderdale
    I like the fact that it's actually shot here in its entirety, compared with CSI: Miami, which really isn't shot here at all.