Burn Notice "Hard Bargain" 08/23/2007 ***SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by pkscout, Aug 24, 2007.

1. pkscout

pkscout Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Honolulu, HI
    Yet another great episode. The voice overs are really great. There was a part where he was going over the money thing with the surfer dude that I started laughing so hard we had to pause and rewind it.

Looks like no more Burn Notice until after the US Open, and I think only one more episode until the end of the season. :(

2. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    Being that this is TCF,
    I loved when Fiona was browsing, picked up a pair of Croc's like they were a bag of poo and made that face.

Surfer dude really needed a general smack up side the head and removal from the entire process.
    He did get one, then another, eventually.

Why only a 10 episode season, were they that worried it wouldn't be a hit?
    Heck, dreck like Painkiller Jane over on the sister station Sci-Fi got a 22 episode freshman (and only)season.

phox

3. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    Continue to LOVE this show.

I have missed Sharon Gless the last couple of weeks.

Other than that - it's one of the best shows of the summer.

4. pkscout

pkscout Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Honolulu, HI
    I like her character OK, and it's nice to have her in the mix from time to time, but if she was in every week getting Michael to help folks it would get old. Right now they've done a good job mixing up how Michael gets work.

Yup. I totally agree. I'm hoping they put it on multiple mini seasons like Monk and Psych and not a summer series like 4400 and Dead Zone. I can't wait nine more months for more Burn Notice.

5. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Not me---I'd be happy if we never see her of the brother again...

6. Family

Family Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2001
    This show is great. I love the character interactions. Fiona is a scream. Great summer show.

7. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I liked this episode. I mean there hasn't been an episode I haven't liked.

I especially loved when Michael was on the balcony and knocked the cell phone out of the guys hand. OMG. And standing there with the guy pointing the gun at him. Just so calm and cool.

Fiona smashing Luciano guys foot. The surfer dude being so ....wimpy. He was great.

I have to agree that I like the variations on non main characters, having the mom around and then not around is good. It seems more like real life.

I did wonder, how often have we seen a guy get blown away like that? I know this is a fairly non murderous/blood/guts show. And Fiona deserved her birthday present. Excellent choice.

8. SoldOnTiVo

SoldOnTiVo New Member

Mar 5, 2003
    Canadian,...
    Best "You lied to me! <SCHMACKKK!>" and again "You lied to me! <SCHMACKKK!>" ever. The way she put her whole upper body into it. wow :D

9. Fl_Gulfer

Fl_Gulfer Tivo's R Us

May 27, 2005
    Fl.Gulf
    The Wife and I just love this show, How could you not with the great cast they have.

10. megory

megory Advanced TiVoOligan

Jan 22, 2003
    Spectrum,...
    This one's a keeper. I enjoyed it fully.

11. cthomp

cthomp Member

Dec 24, 2001
    MI
    It sucks that we have to wait until 9/13 for another new episode.

12. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    Can't let good entertainment get in the way of the US Open! :rolleyes:

13. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    They are the best part, IMHO. This week I learned how to make flash grenades and thermite! :D

14. mrpantstm

mrpantstm Well aren't you

Jan 25, 2005
    Fredericksbu...
    I was really thinking the girlfriend was in on the kidnapping. Great episode. Damn US Open!

15. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I thought she was in on it right up until they showed her bound and gagged on the bed.

I'm trying to figure out how Michael convinced the gun owner to sell him the gun at discount. Why should the owner care about the kidnapping?

I usually don't complain too much about someone's acting ability, but sufer dude's acting was Flash Gordon show caliber.

16. IDSmoker

IDSmoker Member

Apr 10, 2004
    Boise, ID
    I thought it was pretty spot-on... but then again, I did grow up with a guy just like that (only with a "so heavy it sounds fake" southern accent instead of surfer) :p

17. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Worthy of the Spicoli (or Bill and Ted) Seal of Approval(tm).

:D

18. Lopey

Lopey Active Member

Feb 12, 2004
    Ormond...
    I've noticed that someone on this show really likes the Red Sox, last weeks episode had someone reading a newspaper and Kevin Youkiles's picture on it, and this week when they did the plug for Directv, that was NESN with a Red Sox game on. I couldn't see the picture, but I recognized the voices.

19. brnscofrnld

brnscofrnld where is this place?

Mar 29, 2005
    NW. DC.
    There's nothing wrong with this and there was a glimpse of VTek (Jason Veritek for those who don't know the Sox) in full catcher gear at Fenway on a TV screen that passed by quickly. :D

20. Lopey

Lopey Active Member

Feb 12, 2004
    Ormond...
    is this a game somewhere? spot the Sox...

I missed that one.