Burn Notice - All seasons - spoilers ok

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by DouglasPHill, May 25, 2020.

1. DouglasPHill

DouglasPHill Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO
    Got hooked on this show, what's not to like? Lots of girls in bikinis. Noticed that starting in season 3 they dialed back how hot Fiona dresses. Am only in season 3 so I hope it changes back.

2. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Fun series, but it's been a long time since I've watched. Enjoy, but don't expect anything "heavy" here. More like McGyver than anything else.

3. DeDondeEs

DeDondeEs Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 20, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    It always amazed me how all of that crazy stuff happened with car chases, shooting, etc, on the streets of Miami, yet the local police never seemed to get involved.

verdugan and Steveknj like this.
  4. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Reading this, I have a hankering for some yogurt :)

5. SNJpage1

SNJpage1 Well-Known Member TCF Club

May 25, 2006
    Atlantic...
    Only those of us who have watched the show will remember that.

Bierboy and Steveknj like this.
  6. SNJpage1

SNJpage1 Well-Known Member TCF Club

May 25, 2006
    Atlantic...
    Fiona is what me try out the show back then. But it turned out to be a really good show. I tried watching some of it again but couldn't get into it. There was another show back then that had a lot of sexy women in it called Silk Stockings. I enjoyed that show also. The actress who played Fiona also had a small part in a movie called "Scent of a Woman". In it she is taught how to tango by a blind character played by Al Pacino.

7. gschrock

gschrock Active Member

Dec 27, 2001
    holt, mi
    If by back then you mean a bunch of years earlier :). Silk stalkings started in 1991, and ended probably 99 or so? Burn notice started in 2007.

I honestly thought Fiona (Gabrielle Anwar) looked worse and worse as the show went on. Kinda like they'd left her out in the sun until she'd baked too long.

Don't know that I ever got around to completely finishing the series off. Eventually the resets at the beginnings of new seasons got to be too much for me. The original show concept I found interesting, but what it morphed into after a few years just seemed kinda silly to me. At some point I should go back and watch some of it again though. Maybe with the lack of tv we'll have for a while I can rewatch this and a few other series that I've wanted to.

8. Snappa77

Snappa77 RUDEBWOY

Feb 14, 2004
    BOSTON
    THAT is why I am always wary of shows on USA. Just about EVERY show on that network did this. Burn Notice, Suits, White Collar, Royal Pains, Covert Affairs and a few others I can't think of off the top of my head. I never tried to get into Mr. Robot simply cuz it was on USA and I was tired of that sh!t. I always wondered if there was some network exec up there that single handily destroyed all these shows with 'notes'.

9. Jun 1, 2020 #9 of 21
    DouglasPHill

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO
    Mostly thru season 4. Fiona has kept with the looking fine but not as fine as the first two seasons. Fiona has more dialog in season 4. And Michael's mother has really become a strong character.

10. dwatt

dwatt Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Two words, one guy, Sam Axe.

ej42137, Jonathan_S and DouglasPHill like this.
  11. philw1776

philw1776 Active Member

Jan 19, 2002
    Seacoast NH
    Jeffrey Donovan really put on some belly weight for "Shot Caller"

12. DouglasPHill

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO
    Well season 6, depressing, felt like I was watching episodes of Breaking Bad; and I don't like Breaking Bad. Fiona was even less hot than previous seasons. Saw first ep of season 7 where Fiona is no longer "with" Michael and am about to stop watching. One positive, did enjoy Lauren Stamile.

13. DouglasPHill

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO
    Good ending to the series, they always liked their explosions. idk, I might have selected Sonya over Fiona, just saying. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

14. Hoffer

Hoffer Eat Lightning ----- Poo Thunder TCF Club

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    I watched some amount of this show a couple years ago. I feel like it was at least a couple seasons. I remember getting bored with it. I also remember Fiona being hot.

15. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Fiona to me was one of those people who was not all that attractive but dressed hot. At least that's how I saw her. And I feel so dirty and sexist saying it.

16. andyw715

andyw715 Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2007
    Same here. As Wayne would say "Oh my God, she's a scud!"

17. DouglasPHill

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO
    After 7 seasons, the characters of Burn Notice awards, IMHO.

1) Easy one first, Best male character: Sam Axe (Bruce Campbell) A man's man and a lady's man.

2) Best female character: Fiona Glenanne (Gabrielle Anwar) Especially the first few seasons where she dressed hot and loved to shoot people and use explosives. Note she may not actually have shot people, but she sure wanted to.

3) Most beautiful character: Agent Pearce (Lauren Stamile) Season 5, oh those eyes.

4) Best late series cast addition: Sonya (no last name?) (Alona Tal), Season 6, couldn't get enough of her accent.

5) Most beautiful with a killer figure: Nicki Skyler (Charisma Lee Carpenter) Season 5 Episode 11, omg

Thats all I have. If you have your own awards, please do.

18. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I watched this so long ago that I don't even remember the supporting characters anymore. Only the main ones, so I'll take your word for it!

19. Hoffer

Hoffer Eat Lightning ----- Poo Thunder TCF Club

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    Yeah, I even forgot Bruce Campbell was on this show. I only remembered the male star and Fiona. I even remembered her name was Fiona, she made such an impression on my eyes. :D

20. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I remembered the main character, his buddy, his on and off again GF and his mom. I also remember he had kind of a nerdy friend who made a few appearances over the years and a ne'er do well brother. Oh, and the black Charger that his dad gave him. And it was the first place I had ever heard of mojitos (I rarely drink, so I had never tried one at that point).