Burn Notice 9/13/2007 (S01E10) "False Flag"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by dswallow, Sep 13, 2007.

1. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    I loved the captioning this episode... "Doug -- The New Client".

And I can't wait to see more on where this Burn Notice thing is going... finally! :)

2. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    I wish the fall TV season would hurry up and be over already so we can get back to more Burn Notice. And Greek. And Eureka. And Kyle XY.

:D

3. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    If FOX had their way, the fall season would be canceled by now. :p

4. Bulldog7

Bulldog7 New Member

Oct 6, 2002
    Fremont, CA
    A two hour finale should be worth the wait since we had to get past the US Open tennis to get back to this great show!! I am looking forward to this one!! :D :D

5. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...
    I was amused by the fact that Michael described a false flag operation (as related to spying) incorrectly, but Evelyn (the assassin) basically performed a false flag operation on him.

Wikipedia has a definition that basically matches my undertanding.

6. numb and number

numb and number New Member

Mar 7, 2004
    phoenix
    I like the bon mot and the donning of the shades in the final scene. Ala Horatio Caine.

"Well, looks like I'm going to have to get the Charger fixed after all."

7. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    So Lucy Lawless just can't play a nice sweet innocent lady? She's always got to be a hard@ss?

And not one Xena in-joke for Bruce Campbell? Phooey. (Or did I miss one?)

8. markz

markz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    I laughed out loud at that too!

My wife & I really like this show! I am gonna miss it in the off season!

9. pkscout

pkscout Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Honolulu, HI
    Another great episode. We're going to miss this one and can't wait until it's back.

BTW, who says FOX hasn't already canceled the Fall season? They may have canceled it already and just not announced it yet. :p

10. mrpantstm

mrpantstm Well aren't you

Jan 25, 2005
    Fredericksbu...
    I think if they do this meeting between Michael and the guy who burned him well it should lead to an enjoyable second season. So far this has been a great new series.

11. johnperkins21

johnperkins21 Member

Aug 29, 2005
    That was Lucy Lawless? I was wondering why they kept commenting on how "attractive" she is. How they could have thought she was attractive compared to that other spy who's name escapes me (NOT Fiona, the hot chick) baffles me.

I liked the in-joke of Sam's vest smelling of Old Spice. I didn't catch any Xena jokes, but I never saw the show so they could have slipped past me. Bruce and Xena didn't have any scenes together, he just commented that she was nice looking and that doesn't seem like an in-joke.

And this was the first episode that I correctly predicted that the client was a set-up. I've guessed that it was a set-up on like three other eps and been wrong. :eek:

12. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    I didn't catch that it was Lucy right away.
    It took a couple scenes where it just showed her from the nose down talking.
    I guess the blondish hair threw me.

I never watched Xena.

Ok I was wrong, they didn't destroy the Charger in the season finale, but they did "destroy" it.

Then again, they could destroy it again next week.

phox

13. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Why did she kill herself at the end? That didn't seem right ...

14. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    She said that she would be dead soon after being brought in, so I guess she wanted to spare herself the suspense...

15. sushikitten

sushikitten LivingLippy.com TCF Club

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    I am completely unobservant. I didn't realize it was Lucy Lawless until reading it here, but now it's painfully obvious. :)

16. Shakhari

Shakhari Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2005

Lucy Lawless is a natural blonde. Her hair was dyed dark for Xena.

17. pkscout

pkscout Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Honolulu, HI
    Well, I don't know about "natural," but she is most often blonde. ;)

18. ElJay

ElJay Active Member

Apr 6, 2005
    I probably wouldn't have noticed Lawless if it wasn't for catching her credit at the beginning. I am glad that her character turned out to be acting in those initial scenes... I was cringing at some of the histrionics going on there.

19. emandbri

emandbri TV junkie!

Jul 5, 2004
    St. Louis MO
    Her name is Lucy :D

I noticed it was Lucy Lawless in the credits. Pretty sure I read that her hair is naturally light brown, they made it darker for Xena and they added some to make it thicker, I don't think it is as light as she has it now. I just love that there is someone on TV with curves! lol I was really shocked at how tiny Fiona looked standing next to her.

20. Llwellyn

Llwellyn K3DSL

Jan 12, 2004
    Brooklyn, MD
    She got to go out on her own terms, instead of being handed off to various governments and tortured repeatedly before someone finally assassinated her. Can't say I agree completely, but I can't disagree completely either.

Overall, a pretty good episode!

"That's ok, they clashed with the dress anyway!" :D Classic!

Did anyone else scream out loud when he threw the tank at the Charger? At least he didn't blow it up completely (yet...).

Looking forward to the finale here. I noticed USA is bringing Psych back for a mid-season run, maybe we'll get some more Burn Notice before next summer too?