Burn Notice 8/9/2007 (S01E07) "Broken Rules"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by dswallow, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Aug 9, 2007 #1 of 21
    dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...

Advertisements

This was a nice segue into the main story arc.

It sure gets hot when Michael & Fiona fight, though. :p

2. Aug 9, 2007 #2 of 21
    Fl_Gulfer

Fl_Gulfer Tivo's R Us

May 27, 2005
    Fl.Gulf
    Great episode, looks like this are going to get interesting. It was a good fight too.

3. Aug 9, 2007 #3 of 21
    Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Well, that lays to rest the theory that the burn notice was just going to be eternally lurking in the background.

(Which never made sense to me...there's just been too much movement on that front already.)

I wonder if the agents who cover him are going to be like Number 2? Does that make Michael Number 6?

4. pkscout

pkscout Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Honolulu, HI
    Loved this episode. I'm a bit torn about the burn notice being up and in front so quickly. They really can't solve the issue or there won't be a reason to have Michael stay in Miami.

5. IJustLikeTivo

IJustLikeTivo Active Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...

Advertisements

I'm still really liking this. Not sure what to think about the burn notice showing up.

6. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I enjoyed this episode and the off shore money dealie, the photos and the way it was played. The shirt Michael wore when he met the lady boss was a killer though. Enjoying the show.

7. justapixel

justapixel Domestic Extremist Staff Member

Sep 27, 2001
    The Nanny State
    Love love love this show. It gets better all the time.

I enjoyed the way Michael turned the game on the agent. Too good.

We only think the burn notice has shown up......maybe there are pieces missing. :)

The only downside for me is Fiona. I love the character but am not sold on the actress. The rest of the cast is so good though, that I can live with it.

Anybody notice the chair in the background of his friends girlfriends house? (I think that was the scene - I was so intent on the chair I lost focus) I'd love to find a similar one, and I'm sure it's "known." The room was white and green.....Michael had his shirt off in the foreground of that scene...wow, now I can't remember what the setting was.

The chair was cool though.

8. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I remember at one point looking at her when she was in the car with Sam and thinking "she must have visited Christian at the Nip/Tuck clinic, her lips look so way too much botoxed".

9. LBCABob

LBCABob Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Long Beach...
    Even once the source of the Burn Notice is known, I suspect it will take more than just a few pieces of well-placed correspondence to get it rescinded. Maybe like trying to cancel AOL.

10. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I'm sure that even if what he has is for real, it will only be the first layer of the puzzle.

11. smallwonder

smallwonder Age quod agis

Jun 13, 2001
    MD, USA
    I found it interesting how sick Michael looked when Bly mentioned ratting out Fiona to her former IRA colleagues. At least I assume it was IRA; I guess she could be hiding out from some other terrorist group.

That will make for an interesting episode when someone discovers her there in Miami. :up:

12. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    I feel exactly the opposite of Ann -- I am loving me some Gabrielle Anwar. But then, guys don't mind Botoxed lips nearly as much as women do. :D

Her Irish accent is a bit jarring, though. Is she just not doing it very well? But I don't care, as long as they have more fights like that. :)

13. bicker

bicker bUU

Nov 9, 2003
    Florida
    Her accent is subtle, as if she, as an international spy, worked hard to moderate her accent and speak closer to BBC English (which is the actress' native accent).

14. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Her upper lip bugs the heck out of me every time she's on screen. I like the rest of her, though.

I doubt if the information in the burn notice file is 100% accurate.

15. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    I'm looking forward to the next episode!! This one was very good!!

By the way, she's too buff, in my opinion. I, at least, think it's possible for a woman to be too buff.

16. bicker

bicker bUU

Nov 9, 2003
    Florida
    Like your tagline says: "huh?"

17. johnperkins21

johnperkins21 Member

Aug 29, 2005
    Not true at all. She is butt ugly. The only person who is supposedly "attractive" that I can think of that is uglier than her is Fergie. The fake lips are disgusting. I would like this show so much more if Fiona's "friends" did find her and take her out.

And does anyone else think Bruce's lady friend is somehow deeply involved in the burn notice? (I hope I'm not smeeking an earlier thread)

18. bicker

bicker bUU

Nov 9, 2003
    Florida
    When did you lose touch with reality?

:cool:

19. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I shiver to think about your opinion of a pretty woman.

20. fred_spasm

fred_spasm New Member

Jun 19, 2007