Burn Notice 8/16/2007 (S01E08) "Wanted Man"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by dswallow, Aug 16, 2007.

1. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    Fiona sure is one high maintenance girlfriend.

I loved what Michael did with Anwar. I guess Anwar was able to find the guy to be able to send the gift basket to him.

2. cthomp

cthomp Member

Dec 24, 2001
    MI
    Didn't the guy on the phone at the end of the show sound like:

Richard Schiff - Toby Ziegler form the West Wing.

3. Magister

Magister Fat, Dumb and Happy

Oct 17, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    This show is amazingly good. I was saying to my wife that as much violence as this show has, it doesn't have near as much as a lot of network TV.

Unlike a L&O:SVU, I don't mind my kids watching this one.

Bruce Campbell rules!!

4. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I think it's more the quality of the violence--Burn Notice is more cartoony, Road-Runnery, and a lot less explicit.

Whereas L&W has very high-quality violence! :D

5. Magister

Magister Fat, Dumb and Happy

Oct 17, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    Burn Notice has that A-Team violence going as well. Except for very few instances, people generally are killed on Burn Notice.

6. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Active Member

Jan 19, 2005
    high desert...
    Bruce, or at least his character, sure was eyeing that bottle. I'm not sure what was in it, but he said he didn't drink, and he stuck with it. You could certainly tell his heart wasn't in it though.

I really enjoyed this episode for some reason. Maybe it was the remote-control way he got at the person mentioned in dossier. For being nothing but fluff, it can be a lot of fun. (In Brisco, Bruce played a bounty hunter.)

7. Llwellyn

Llwellyn K3DSL

Jan 12, 2004
    Brooklyn, MD
    It was 20-year-old top shelf single malt! :eek: He's probably killed people for worse drinks than that and had to pass it up! :D

8. Gunnyman

Gunnyman Just a boring dude

Jul 10, 2003
    Upstate...
    This is easily my favorite show this summer. So great to see Bruce Campbell on TV again. I love how Weston busied himself at the trunk of the car at the end, because he knew exactly what Fiona was going to do with regards to the client at the end, quite the brush off.

9. pkscout

pkscout Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Honolulu, HI
    Absolutely loved this episode. If you think Fiona is high maintenance as a girl friend, just image how bad it would be if you broke up with her. :D

I think the production folks are even doing a good job with the previews. Last weeks preview for this episode led you to believe the episode would be all about the burn notice and that Michael would be face to face with the guy. Boy did that not end up to be true. Much better than the 24 previews that used to give away half of the following episode.

10. pkscout

Jan 10, 2003
    Honolulu, HI
    Yup. I'm pretty good with voices, and we listened to it three times. I'm 99% sure it's him.

11. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    Loved the episode, loved the show. Very glad it will be coming back. There is definately a great chemistry between the three main players, but the chemistry between Fiona and Sam is popping. Though I did like the sweaty naked body scenes from last week with her and Michael.

12. justapixel

justapixel Domestic Extremist Staff Member

Sep 27, 2001
    The Nanny State
    Yep, I completely agree. Noticed it with the first hear.

How come everybody is talking about Bruce Campbell? :confused: He's a good supporting actor but I think a lot of people could have done that role.

I really love the main character as played by Jeffrey Donovan. He plays the role with the right amount of insouciance, intelligence, seriousness, sexiness and humor. Love him and can't picture anybody else in the part.

I'm enjoying the plots too - very good show.

13. pkscout

Jan 10, 2003
    Honolulu, HI
    He's quite the cult favorite, and the folks who like him like him. I think the part is especially good for him because it's so self effacing. He used to be a bit of an action hero sex symbol kind of thing, and now he isn't. Ditto for his character.

I completely agree. If you saw him in Touching Evil this character is similar but lighter. Either this part was written with him in mind or the casting director did an absolutely outstanding job picking him.

14. balboa dave

balboa dave well rounded

Jan 19, 2004
    Newport...
    This is from one of the funniest scenes ever made in a horror move, Evil Dead 2. Once you've seen it, you'll be a fan forever too.

[​IMG]

This is Bruce getting choked by his own hand after he cut it off. It's possessed! And it makes funny noises too. :D

15. justapixel

justapixel Domestic Extremist Staff Member

Sep 27, 2001
    The Nanny State
    I enjoy Bruce in the roll, don't get me wrong. I see his charm, despite never having seen his movies. It just seemed so odd to me that people keep complimenting him on his performance, when Donovan is so wonderful in this role and is the star. Campbell doesn't, by any means, outshine Jeffery Donovan.

But they all outshine the woman who plays Fiona. Why do I dislike her so much?

Another female character I disliked a lot was Julie Bowen in Ed. Hated her, hated her. Love her in Boston Legal. Don't know why. Also hated Kim Raver on Third Watch, and like her on 24.

I guess the role makes a difference and I don't like this actress (whose name I can't remember) in this role. I don't think I've seen her before so I don't know if I would like her in another. I do think they need a tough crazy chick to play the female lead but not THIS one.

16. Bulldog7

Bulldog7 New Member

Oct 6, 2002
    Fremont, CA
    You mean role, not roll, right?
    Just having fun, Pixel. I actually love and respect you a lot. You are a great moderator. I was just being funny!! Please don't ban me!!
    Take care. :rolleyes: :p :rolleyes:

17. sushikitten

sushikitten LivingLippy.com TCF Club

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    SWEATY BODY SCENES?! Crap! I missed an episode! :mad:

18. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    It was the ICE CUBES in the guy's glass. 20-yo single malt ON THE ROCKS? Blasphemy!

I missed this at first glance, but the show made it jokingly obvious when there was the ice-cube-clinking sound.

In any case, I love Fi. I mean, err, this show. ;-)

19. pkscout

Jan 10, 2003
    Honolulu, HI
    I don't know, but I don't really love her either. I like the character, but they could get almost anyone else to play the role and I'd be fine with that. I'd even be OK with one of those soap opera overlays. "The role of Fiona will now be played by [insert name here."

20. balboa dave

balboa dave well rounded

Jan 19, 2004
    Newport...
    She's a small-in-stature woman with a great tan and a strong personality. Maybe you don't like the competition? Meeow! :D