1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bull - S3 E7 - A Girl Without Feelings

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by DouglasPHill, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Nov 7, 2018 #1 of 13
    DouglasPHill

DouglasPHill Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO
    Wow what a great character, hope they have her back a few times. Great ep.

2. Nov 7, 2018 #2 of 13
    tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict CreativelyChallenged

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    Agreed! A good actress backing up an interesting character. Glad they didn't actually make her emotional at the end. If they can stay true to the anti-social aspect then it could be a great development.

This is not my usual type of show but I like the trial psychology angle.

3. Nov 7, 2018 #3 of 13
    MauriAnne

MauriAnne Mostly lurking

Sep 20, 2002
    NC
    In general, I think Bull has been much better this season. Can't put my finger on exactly what's different, but I've been enjoying it more.

4. Nov 7, 2018 #4 of 13
    randyb359

randyb359 Active Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Less time spent on picking the jury perhaps. I don't remember them spending any time on it this episode.

5. rharmelink

rharmelink Active Member

Nov 30, 2015
    IIRC, they asked a few (3?) jurors questions and then excused one of them.

6. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    The most idiotic part of this series is Bull sitting at the defense table giving visual signals to his attorney, for ALL to see, whether or not to accept a juror (ie, finger across throat to dismiss/cut the juror or an enthusiastic not to accpet).

tivotvaddict likes this.
  7. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    There are a lot of things about this show that bug me, but I really like it for reasons I cannot explain.

And yes, this was a good episode!!!

photoshopgrl and tivotvaddict like this.
  8. rharmelink

rharmelink Active Member

Nov 30, 2015
    If the prosecutor has challenges left, shouldn't they automatically dismiss jurors that Bull wants? :)

9. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    In real life, there would be a lot more deception involved than happens in the show. Bull would have a lot more signals, and they would be coded so they were not obvious. Sometimes Bull would bluff that they wanted a juror, hoping that the opposing counsel would dismiss them. But I think (in cases where the context is ambiguous) we can assume that most of the jury selection scenes we are shown occur when opposing counsel is out of challenges and Bull can choose whomever he wants.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018 at 5:10 PM
  10. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    I don't feel any difference except the absence of Cable. Not sure I like her replacement so I hope she's not there for long. Bull is more tolerable this season but that's kind of the point. Benny continues to be my favorite character.

11. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I like her, but she's there often late nights on a whim, with not often a mention of what's happening with her little kid...

Also, what was the deal with getting rid of Cable again? Something with the actress?

oh, and I've said it before, I like this show a lot, DESPITE me thus indirectly supporting Dr. Phil, who I dislike a lot. It's one I usually watch day of, since CBS shows are no longer on Hulu (I don't remember if THIS one was at all, in the last year or so I had Hulu).

12. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Apparently she's directing a movie that conflicted with the filming. Which puzzles me even more why the decided to kill her character off instead of just having her MIA or something else. Then she could have returned later.

13. Worf

Worf Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2000
    Perhaps she told them to write her off - the movie she's directing would probably take a couple of years from concept to release, which means she'd be out for up to 3 seasons depending on the schedule. For a show that's only been around two seasons, having her return potentially in season 6 would be a "who are you?" situation, assuming Bull is even still around that long.

It would probably be easier for her to return as a new character in season 6, assuming most would've forgotten about her. At the very worst, she could be Cable's long lost sister or something.