Buggy Wishlist searching?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by Mystic1, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Mystic1

Mystic1 New Member

Sep 25, 2006

Advertisements

I set up a wishlist that found matching programs on the "lodef" channels, but didn't find the SAME programs on the HD channels... anyone know why and how I can force it to search the HD channels? :confused:

2. hookbill

hookbill Feathered Member

Dec 14, 2001
    Northeast Ohio
    This is an issue talked about many times here. Unfortunately the only thing you can do is set up the wishlist not to record and when you see the show select it and then select "additional showings" then the HD channel.

It would be nice if TiVo added a HD category for our wish list.

3. murrays

murrays Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2004
    I just noticed this as well. Thanks for the workaround, Hookbill. I was going through the program list manually to find the HD version of the shows.

-murray

4. bulmer

bulmer New Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Hookbill...thanks for the info. I was troubleshooting this issue with my new S3 and your post saved me lots of time!

SB

5. pl1

pl1 Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2007
    MA

Advertisements

Another way to handle this (as I have done myself) is to block out all lower number duplicate channels. Then all of your wish lists will only use the higher numbered Hi definition channels. (If I am understanding your question correctly.) TiVo always records the lowest channel number before looking for a higher channel number. Not necessarily a good thing, IMO. If I am mis-reading your question, my apologies.

6. bulmer

bulmer New Member

Jan 12, 2007
    That is a great idea....I am trying to think of any downside but cannot other than sometimes (rarely) my Comcast HD channels have been temporarily unavailable (via cable box or Tivo) for some reason.

I will give that a try...thanks

SB

7. pl1

pl1 Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2007
    MA
    NP. That works for me. The only downside "I" personally have is that when I do a wish list for my hockey team. it tries to go to the NHL Center ice (premium PPV) channels 621-630 instead of the local HD Channel 851. That is a problem for me since the NHL Center Ice package blacks out local games and is not HD. The fix for me was to use a season pass for my local team on 851 instead of a wish list. But, that gives you an example of what I was going through, so I can relate.

8. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    Remember that if for some reason you want to record on the SD channel, you can set a manual recording for it. And since you can set a manual recording, that just about eliminates any reason for not removing the SD channels from your TiVo.

As an example, I have to watch some FOX-HD shows on the SD Fox channel, because of the closed caption problem Fox has on their HD feed. So I set those shows to record on SD. No problemo. But for everything else, only the Fox-HD shows up on my list. The way it should be. :up: