Bug in Tivo-S3 Season Pass Program

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by w2jo, Feb 26, 2008.

1. w2jo

w2jo New Member

Jun 28, 2003

Advertisements

Comcast has recently made a lot of HD program changes in our area. I notice that when a channel substitution is made (such as 240 was WPBA but now is WGTV) that the SEASON PASS remains with the OLD station call letters. That is, the SEASON PASS continues to schedule the same programs carried on WPBA on channel 240 even though WPBA is no longer carried on channel 240. The TiVo channel list recognizes the change but does not automatically make changes to the SEASON PASS entries. To correct the SEASON PASS, the affected season pass entries must be deleted and re-entered.

Perhaps a future Tivo firmware update can correct this problem.

Joe

2. sfhub

sfhub Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2007
    In my experience, the season pass does follow the station identifier when it moves, however this hasn't happened to me recently so it could have broken since I last observed it.

3. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Have you checked to see if view upcoming and the todo list is still correct? From what I can remember, the call letters get "stuck" but it will still record correctly. However, it can't hurt to recreate the season passes for the programs that are in the guide data.

4. w2jo

w2jo New Member

Jun 28, 2003
    I am not sure I understand all the details of how Season Passes work. But when I look at "who is channel 240?" on the channel list, it shows WGTV which is correct. But (before I changed it) the "To Do" list showed a lot of channel 240 programs from the Season Pass List that were actually WPBA programs and which do not show on the (other) PBA station WGTV which now occupies channel 240.

When I erased all of the WPBA-240 entries from the season pass list and reentered the programs manually it did indeed then decide to record the programs on Comcast channel 16 which is the NTSB edition of WPBA. So it appears to me that the Season Pass list has a "memory" of channel number that is not getting updated when the call letters/channel numbers change in the channel list.

5. morac

morac Cat God TCF Club

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ

Advertisements

I had this happen recently on my S3 (9.2a). What appears to happen when a cable transmitted local OTA channel is moved is that the TiVo retains data from the old channel number in addition to adding the new channel number. So if you view the upcoming episodes, you'll see it on both the old and new channel number.

This is actually system wide since you can "search by title" for a program on that channel and it will show up as being on "both" channel numbers. This only affects searching or season passes since you can't actually tune to the old channel number because it's not in the guide.

I'm not sure if this is only a problem if the channel is being used by a SP or not.

I've found 2 fixes so far:

1. Rebooting the TiVo box.
    2. Re-choosing the channel line up.

The above only fixes the problem with the old channel showing up in the upcoming episodes list. It won't fix the issue with the SP still listed the old channel number in the title (which is a cosmetic problem).

It happened to my TiVo again about a week or two ago, but I didn't reboot. I wanted to see if it fixes eventually. I'll check it later to see if it fixed itself.