Buffy: "The Chain"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by lonwolf615, Jul 27, 2007.

1. lonwolf615

lonwolf615 New Member

May 19, 2004

Advertisements

Since there were threads about earlier issues of the comic, and since Joss has said the comic is S8, I'm hoping this isn't out of place. "The Chain" is classic Whedon, by far the best issue so far in the comic. Its a stand alone, so even if you haven't read the previous issues this one still makes sense. Basically a stream of consciousness monologue of a doomed slayer at the point of death, for me it packed the wallop of "The Body". Highly reccomended.

2. Sirius Black

Sirius Black Grey Warden Reject

Dec 26, 2001
    A City by...
    So the comic is considered official canon? That's news to me. I should pick this up. Does the comic use the likeness of the tv actors?

3. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Yes, the new comic series is officially Season 8. Joss Whedon is supervising it, and has written the five issues so far. Next issue starts a Faith arc written by Brian K. Vaughan, a very hot comics writer who is also now on the Lost TV show writing staff.

Whedon is very happy that not only can he do Season 8 after all, but there are no budgetary restraints whatsoever to hold him back.

4. Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    And he can make season 8 go on forEVER. As long as it sells well.

5. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis

Advertisements

Apparently, it's been growing...he started off planning around 40 issues, but now has enough story for around 50!

6. jones07

jones07 eff.org warrior

Jan 30, 2001
    Phila, Pa....
    Aren't we a little old for comics?

7. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Comics are called graphic novels now. :)

8. jones07

jones07 eff.org warrior

Jan 30, 2001
    Phila, Pa....
    That does sound a bit more adult :)

9. lonwolf615

lonwolf615 New Member

May 19, 2004
    Didn't watch Buffy when it was on. The little bit I saw looked interesting, but I thought I was too grown up for a teenage show about a vampire slayer. I was wrong. YMMV, of course, but you might want to take a look at what Joss is doing now, no matter what you call it. You might be pleasantly surprised. Or not, who knows?

10. needo

needo New Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Bite your tongue! My wife and I actually have a room in our house dedicated to our comic book collection.