Buffy and Angel Discussion Thread (NO COMICS PLEASE) - SPOILERS FOR SURE!!!

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by nyny523, Apr 23, 2008.

1. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    OK, so I just finished watching all 7 Seasons of Buffy and all 5 Seasons of Angel concurrently. And boy, do I have questions!!!

I would like to start with an Angel question, since I just finished.

Do you think that Spike is the chosen one in the Prophecy? I know Angel signed his "rights" away, but do you think it was supposed to be him? I kind of wish they had given us one more episode to see what happened...

Also, can we PLEASE keep the conversation limited to the TV shows for those of us who have not yet read the Comics that followed - thank you!!!

2. Skittles

Skittles West Coast citizen!

May 25, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Oh, I think it was supposed to be him.

And as far as them spending one more episode on it... run, don't walk, to the comic book store and get Angel: After The Fall.

I shall say no more. ;)

3. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    You are NO help!!

I tried to buy all the Buffy and Angel comics this weekend, and none of the shops had them in stock.

And Amazon is charging some crazy amount of money for the first Angel comic. I don't want a collectors item, I just want a freakin' comic book! I am still looking.....

Oy.

4. Skittles

May 25, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    See, this is why it helps to have a friend with connections. ;)

Go check out Zeus Comics. It's the local comic book shop I use, and the guy that owns it (Richard) is one of the most friendly and personable local businessmen I know. I just checked, and he has the first six issues of Angel in stock right now, and they're all priced very reasonably.

In fact, I'm heading to his store tomorrow to get my new comics for the week. I can grab 'em for you while I'm there and ship 'em to you over the weekend...

5. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    OMG - does he have all the Buffy's, too?

Can I call him and order over the phone? Then he can just ship them to me directly and save you the trouble. Should I use your name?

I am SO excited!!!! :)

6. Skittles

May 25, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Yes, definitely use my name. And you can definitely call him and see what he's got in stock... he'll actually go check the shelves and boxes, and see if/when he's getting any reprints in.

And like I said, I'm going tomorrow, so if you want, you can probably tell him to put your comics in with my stack, and I can just grab them and mail 'em to you. Or he can mail 'em to you, either or.

(Oh, and you might want to check and see if he's got the Firefly comic in stock. ;) )

7. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    OK, I was able to find all the Angel comics in their online store - I am a click away from purchasing.

Doesn't look like he has much in Buffy - I may have to do the Amazon bound editions for those, as they seem REALLY hard to find.

Oh - I want to see if he had that Spike one, too....

Jay, you are the BEST! :)

8. Skittles

May 25, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Whatever you don't find in their online store, let me know and I'll ask him about it when I see him tomorrow. Their online store doesn't always reflect their current stock (especially the stuff that sells extremely quickly, like Buffy).

Glad I could help at least somewhat. :)

9. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    Do me a favor - ask about the Buffy's and let me know - I am gonna buy the Angels now online. If he HAS all the Buffy's, I can call him with my CC # right away!

Thanks!

10. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    6 Angel comics purchased! :up:

Now back to the discussion....

11. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
  12. Bai Shen

Bai Shen Toboggan noggin

Dec 17, 2004
    You use Zeus? Isn't that the one Kurtz hangs out at? And Kirkman too?

13. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    I am fortunate enough to have all the Buffy and Angel books so far... A local place just puts a copy away for me each month and I come by once every few months to collect them...

Unfortunately, I missed the Serenity books... Do you know if he has these bad boys in stock? And if so, I'll give him a call and order them... (I say this with the assumption that he would part with them at cover price, not collectible prices...)

14. Skittles

May 25, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Are you talking about the old Serenity comics, prior to the movie release? Or the new Serenity series that just started last month?

15. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    The new 3-issue mini series that was just released...

16. Skittles

May 25, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Yep, he has 'em! And at cover price, to boot. When you go to his site, just take a browse for "Serenity". It'll bring up Serenity: Better Days.

That's the new series. So far, only two of the three total issues have been released, but he has both of the first two issues.

17. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Cool... Anyone have these first two issues? Is it worth the trouble?

18. Fleegle

Fleegle Chef-In-Training

Jan 15, 2002
  19. canonelan2

canonelan2 Imagineer

May 11, 2001
    Chicagoland
    I read somewhere that the new Buffy comic is pretty much season 8 and canonical to the whole story. Is this the same for Angel?

20. Skittles

May 25, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Yes. Both the new Buffy comic and the new Angel comic are considered Season 8 and Season 6 (respectively) and Joss considers them a part of the canon. Joss is helping oversee and contribute to the writing on both of the comic series as they're going on now.