Browse Options don't work???????

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Snacko, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Snacko

Snacko Snack Officer

Dec 30, 2008
    Columbus,...
    From the Main Menu I go to the 2nd option (Find TV, Movies, & Video). I select 'Browse TV & Movies' and select Movies in the list. Then I select a category like Westerns or whatever... It shows all Western Movies.

But I only want to see stuff that is FREE! So, I select Options by pressing the Tivo A button and set the Options to ONLY show FREE movies. But that does not work, it still shows all! I even press the Tivo C button for 'Show(Free)' and it does NOT show only Free. It still Shows non-free stuff. :mad:

Does this happen to anyone else? I am just wondering if I am doing something wrong, or if I misunderstand what Options and Sort mean?? :confused:

Please Help,
    Snacko

2. shamilian

shamilian Member

Mar 26, 2003
    NJ
    I check the option and when I choose Free it removes any entries that are showing on netflix. It leaves the entries on amazon though. And I had one entry on TV, Amazon, and Netflix when I chose Free option this movie was removed. It appears to be a "broken" feature. I am not sure what they were thinking, this seems to be a simple feature to implement.

3. Snacko

Snacko Snack Officer

Dec 30, 2008
    Columbus,...
    Thanks for replying to confirm.

This would be a very nice way to find stuff to record, but since it shows everything you can buy as well, it's useless in that way. :(

4. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    TiVo considers their search capabilities to be one of their biggest strengths.