Brokeback Bradys

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Mabes, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Mabes

Mabes Ex-Smoker

Jan 12, 2001
    Warwick RI

Advertisements

From the NY Daily News

From 'Brady Bunch' to wild bunch

Is nothing taboo in TV land?

Christopher Knight and Barry Williams, who played clean-cut brothers Peter and Greg Brady on "The Brady Bunch," will portray gay lovers on "That '70s Show."

Knight, 47, and Williams, 51, have already shot the episode, in which they move next door to Topher Grace's TV family, a Fox rep confirmed to us.

Word is the former Brady siblings may even share a kiss.

It would have been unthinkable in 1969, when the Bradys began their five-year run. Back then, you never saw Greg kiss any of the many girls he dated. The word "sex" wasn't mentioned until the series' final episode. Network censors wouldn't even let us see the family's toilet.

We can just see the Bradys' housekeeper, Alice (Ann B. Davis), breaking up the boys' lip-lock with her broom.

In real life, Williams has been married twice. Knight, who was the best man at one of those weddings, has also been wed twice. Knight's recent romance with "America's Next Top Model" Adrienne Curry, 23, was chronicled on VH1's "My Fair Brady." (In the new Playboy, she calls their sex life "elaborate" and "exhibitionist.")

His TV fling with Williams is due to air in April.

2. KRS

KRS Mmm...invisible cola

Jan 30, 2002
    Franklin, MA
    This would be interesting if the show wasn't going off the air a few weeks later.

3. WinBear

WinBear Konner Kringle

Aug 24, 2000
    Carrollton,...
    This sounds suspiciously like Adam West and Max Gail playing the gay neighbors on an episode of The Drew Carey Show.

4. atrac

atrac New Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Los Angeles
    ...and let's not forget that "Father Brady" Robert Reed was gay in real life. ;)

5. jeff125va

jeff125va New Member

Mar 15, 2001
    Ashburn, VA USA

Advertisements

We never saw Greg kiss any of his dates? Interesting. I know we saw Bobby kiss Millicent, when he saw fireworks and later feared he had caught the mumps.

I think this could potentially be funny, if not too gimmicky, but I'm afraid the incestual overtones will be unavoidable.

6. WinBear

WinBear Konner Kringle

Aug 24, 2000
    Carrollton,...
    Gay couples inevitably get "are you brothers?" (or sisters for the lesbians). We usually just laugh it off.

7. myriadian

myriadian mega Pnut m&m

Sep 20, 2002
    Arlington, VA
    that's even funnier when you think about how couples who are together for awhile start to look like eachother ;)

M.

8. PJO1966

PJO1966 Hi. What is this?

Mar 5, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    In either one of the Brady's TV movies or the series that came after, Peter needed mouth-to-mouth and Dr. Greg came to the rescue. After Peter was OK Greg cracked, "I think Pete wants to go steady now." This isn't the first time these two have locked lips.

9. jeff125va

jeff125va New Member

Mar 15, 2001
    Ashburn, VA USA
    Yeah, but you're talking about mistaking a gay couple for brothers, which now that you mention it I'd be surprised if they didn't work into the plot of the show, especially given the obvious reference to their best (or only) known roles. But I'm talking about from the perspective of viewers who already know the basic plot of the episode (or those who will find out during) and know them only as brothers. I have a feeling it will be loaded with references to their Brady characters, especially given the '70s aspect.

10. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I can't believe the Brady Bunch was only on for 5 years!

11. DougF

DougF Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2003
    North Dakota
    That stuff always amazes me when I find out. Gilligan's Island was only on for three. Here we are 30 and 40 years later still talking about those shows.