broadband failure?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by msadesign, Dec 8, 2012.

1. msadesign

msadesign New Member

Dec 30, 2003
    Naples, Fl
    Hi,

My TiVo Premiere is connected via Ethernet to an Apple Airport. The connection works fine: I can connect to the TiVo service without issue.

But when I chose streaming, and go to the broadband screen that shows Amazon, Netflix, etc., the TiVo will not respond to the remote (which is working fine). By reading many posts here it looks like this could be a weak signal issue but I am not sure how to measure or verify this.

On what might be related I notice that there is an update for the TiVo software. When I looked for my software version, I get this: 11-ok-04-2-1052, which doesn't seem right. What DOES seem right is making sure I have the latest software.

I posted this hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I am not sure of what steps to take to figure out what is happening here.

I DO know that my net connection works great, and that there are no port issues. I know this because other devices work, because the TiVo box sees remote Macs that have downloaded movies on them via pyTovoX, and because the entire system was working great for many months.

And I DO know that when TiVo is disappointed with the available signal it will sometimes just sit there and sulk rather than telling anything useful and I am thinking that is what is happening.

Thanks.

2. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    11-ok-04-2-1052 is not Premiere S/W, it is for a TiVo HD or TiVo 3. What is the model number of your TiVo and why do you think it is a Premiere?

3. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    The software version is at the very top of the System Information screen, are you sure you're looking at the right number?

Dan