Britbox on Stream 4K?

Discussion in 'TiVo Stream 4K' started by willmw, Sep 18, 2020.

1. willmw

willmw Tech Nut

Apr 30, 2000
    Thomson,...

Advertisements

It appears that BritBox is not available or 'incompatible' with Stream 4k. I haven't dug deeply enough to figure out side loading, but before I do that is anyone aware if it might be coming any time soon so I don't have to do that?

Anyone side loaded it and how goes it?

Any caveats?

2. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Philly
    Don't believe there's an android tv version. I'd just cast it from the phone since that's known to work.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

3. mdavej

mdavej Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2015
    Britbox has been around for years and still doesn't have an Android TV version. So I wouldn't hold my breath. Just sideload the Firestick APK.

Or if you have Prime Video, add it as a channel there.

4. dbpaddler

Sep 25, 2004
    Philly
    I imagine the cost is the same. So if the case, just add the channel. One less app to deal with. Plus Prime has a carousel spot where as britbox doesn't. So you won't get recommendations and such with it where you might through the prime app.

5. mdavej

mdavej Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2015

Advertisements

If it's anything like Acorn, the app is pretty terrible anyway. Prime is the way to go if possible.

In any case, content is pretty limited on both. I tend to subscribe for only 1 or 2 months per year and am able to watch everything I'm interested in. Similar story for HBO. More content in that case, but tons of re-runs that stay in the library forever.

6. dbpaddler

Sep 25, 2004
    Philly
    I think paying to binge watch and cancel is the way to go for the fringe ones.

mdavej likes this.