Brighthouse, Premiere/CableCard = no HBO

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by peteopo, Oct 5, 2011.

1. peteopo

peteopo New Member

Sep 3, 2008
    When the Premiere first came out I bought one and went through the installation routine. Followed by the Cablecard/Tuning Adapter hassle described elsewhere on this forum. But I was then told that premium channels were not available with CableCards! So I talk several more people and it turns out that what they meant was the Combo deal (internet/cable) was not available without a Brighthouse settop box. But I could get the services and pay for the CableCard and Tuning adapter separately. Many tuning adapter service calls later everything starts working OK. Today my premium channels disappear again! Several calls later I'm told "Premium channels are not available with CableCard" - But I've had them and have been paying for them for 16 months!
    Does anyone else have similar issues?

2. tomm1079

tomm1079 Member

May 10, 2005
    i had issues with comcast cable card. It was just a bad card. I got a new one today and get all premiums. Just get a new card.

3. sbiller

sbiller Active Member

May 10, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Sounds like a host side authorization issue with your CableCARD. Post a message on DSLReports and ISPGeek will work it for you.
    http://www.dslreports.com/forum/brighthouse