Brighthouse Birmingham TA?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by XIBM, Jul 31, 2016.

1. XIBM

XIBM Member

Mar 9, 2013

Advertisements

Do you definitely have to use a Tuning Addapter for a Bolt in Birmingham on Brighthouse?

2. Aug 3, 2016 #2 of 11
    cannonz

cannonz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Go to their website will have a list of SDV channels if you can live without all of them you don't.

3. Aug 3, 2016 #3 of 11
    XIBM

XIBM Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Website talks about SDV but channel list do not indicate which channels are SDV...

4. Aug 3, 2016 #4 of 11
    dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    LOL, if only life was that simple! If there is a cable system that actually lists which of their channels are SDV on their web site, it would be an amazing first in my experience. My provider (TWC/Spectrum, SW Ohio) not only doesn't list them but none of the customer service reps ever heard of SDV. (Customers are never supposed to have to concern themselves with such topics. Only those odd-ball TiVo users care about it.)

Do I sound bitter? Well, maybe a little. :)

5. Aug 3, 2016 #5 of 11
    cannonz

cannonz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

Advertisements

Will be answered soon, is there somewhere so is price list but try to find it. http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r30904471-TV-SDV-Lineup

6. Aug 3, 2016 #6 of 11
    BHNtechXpert

BHNtechXpert New Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Yes a Tuning Adapter is required for SDV channels, even with the Bolt.

7. Aug 3, 2016 #7 of 11
    BHNtechXpert

BHNtechXpert New Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Guys there is a reason why we don't post the SDV channel list and 99% of it due to the fact that it changes often since we move channels in and out that space AND it differs per area or region. I'm reluctant to post it here for the very same reason because an outdated list is actually worse than no list at all.

My best advice is get the free Tuning Adapter anyway, yes, FREE, that's right there is no charge :)

8. Aug 3, 2016 #8 of 11
    dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    Good points and thanks! Wish we could talk to someone as savvy as you when we deal with my TWC tech support. And I wish TWC or Cisco could make my TA run without having to be power-cycled every few weeks. Being "free" doesn't excuse such poor performance. I doubt it is really free. I have a neighbor who has the same channel packages and internet speed and we both play the threaten-to-quit-and-get-a-new-promotional-rate game every year when TWC automatically increases the price by 30%. I furnish my own modem and DVR (TiVo) and still end up paying within a few bucks of the same total price he does and his package includes modem and DVR.

9. Aug 3, 2016 #9 of 11
    UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    That's offering a headache for free. 😡 It's not the cost that is a concern, it is the failure of the TA to work consistently and reliably thus requiring frequent reboots and the loss of scheduled recordings if you forget. This is our experience with the Ciscos.

10. joestan

joestan New Member

Dec 25, 2007
    I have had a brighthouse ta for years in the tampa area. It has been rock solid for the last few years.

11. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    Moto or Cisco?