Brighthouse And MoCA

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by SomeRandomIdiot, Apr 12, 2016.

1. SomeRandomIdiot

SomeRandomIdiot New Member

Jan 7, 2016

Advertisements

Does anyone here use Brighthouse and feed their TiVo via MoCA directly from one of their newer Routers that has built in MoCA?

Trying to determine if Brighthouse encrypts their MoCA feeds throughout a residence or not.

As I am not in a Brighthouse area so looking for someone who might know - and a TiVo user seems to be the best shot as TiVo would need unencrypted data if using MoCA for Internet connection.

TIA

2. fcfc2

fcfc2 Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2015
    Hi,
    It looks like the pool of Brighthouse customers who are familiar with their MoCA modems is limited. If this is for your own use, you might want to consider using a plain cable modem paired with one of the Fios routers which have MoCA by default.
    Brighthouse pushes what they call their exclusive "Echo" system, it is one of their MoCA modems paired with one or more WCB3000N and with that system I am pretty certain they use encryption but the best way to get good answers is to hit the Brighthouse forum. There is a guy there, the "Brighthouse Expert" who will be able to answer your questions for certain.
    https://www.dslreports.com/forum/brighthouse

3. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Rather than rent one of BHN's modems I just use my own (Motorola SB6141) plus an ActionTec ECB2200 to enable MoCA. Gary (BHNtechXpert) should be able to answer your question if you post over the BHN Direct form on DSLReports.