1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bright Lights

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by Thunderclap, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Jan 5, 2017 #1 of 19
    Thunderclap

Thunderclap Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Chicago area
    HBO announced more than a week ago that the Carrie Fisher/Debbie Reynolds documentary Bright Lights would air this Sat. at 7:00 p.m., but I can't find any listing for it in the Tivo guide. I've forced an update to the box to see if the guide would update too, but still nothing is showing.

Does anyone else see Bright Lights listed on HBO this Sat. evening? Any idea why it's not showing up in the guide yet?

2. Jan 5, 2017 #2 of 19
    spartanstew

spartanstew Thanks 4 the Update

Feb 23, 2002
    Wylie, Texas
    Shows up fine on DirecTV

Saturday: 8pm EST, 11:45pm EST
    Sunday: 11:0am EST

It's also on the other various HBO channels several times on Saturday and Sunday.

3. Jan 6, 2017 #3 of 19
    rahnbo

rahnbo Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Florida
    I've been looking out for this too and after many forced connections I have one listing for Sunday 1/8 at 6:05pm EST.

4. Jan 6, 2017 #4 of 19
    JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Listed on tvguide.com, not on tv.com.

5. Jan 6, 2017 #5 of 19
    cherry ghost

cherry ghost Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago

It was on tv.com for me last night and is still there this morning.

6. Jan 6, 2017 #6 of 19
    Thunderclap

Thunderclap Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Chicago area
    Weird. I'm in the Chicago area and the only showing I can find on my TiVo is on Sunday on HBO2. Thanks for double-checking. Guess I'll have to do this old fashioned route and make a note to remind myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

7. Jan 6, 2017 #7 of 19
    JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Oops. Central v Eastern time zone. :oops:

8. Jan 6, 2017 #8 of 19
    DoubleDAZ

DoubleDAZ Member

May 6, 2014
    TiVo finds it doing a search. Then in the Guide and the To Do List it shows as Demolition.

9. Jan 6, 2017 #9 of 19
    sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    There have been numerous connections since they announced the show for Saturday and Tivo Guide data has not picked it up. I'm just going to generically record it, pending whatever this morning's connection does. It's a 90 minute block, FYI. 5pm on HBO East, 8pm on HBO West. YMMV for Central and Mountain time zones.

10. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    That's what I also have on that time block. I set to record it, but am watching in case it changes. Probably the best way to go is to just do a completely generic 'time block' manual recording. That way, if they fix it by tomorrow, your recording won't disappear.

11. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    Or watch it on HBO Now (unless you are in Comcast, of course).

12. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Well, I'll be damned! This morning's service call finally picked up the show for Saturday 1/7 at 5pm on the HBO East and 8pm on HBO West. Will wonders never cease! :D

13. Thunderclap

Thunderclap Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Chicago area
    It showed up in the evening for me. All set!

14. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I keep checking to make sure it doesn't go away! That's how trusting I am of all this.

Funny thing - after they finally got it on the guide, I see a line on the bottom on the Tivo Central page saying 'Don't miss Bright Lights on HBO!'. Gee, Tivo - I almost did cuz you didn't have it showing in the guide. boneheads. Yeah, I'm at the point of hurling insults with this stuff.

15. shenders

shenders New Member

Aug 15, 2015
    Guide for Comcast Denver still doesn't show it. I do see the blurb saying "Don't miss Bright Lights on HBO!', which suggests that if the show is missing from the guide we should force a connecting to the Tivo service to update the guide data. Tried it twice around 4pm today - didn't solve the problem. So the guide data is still out of data for some areas.

16. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Do you see it yet on HBO2 for Sunday? That is another airing.

Otherwise, I'd probably just set up a manual recording. To be safe, I'd do 105 minutes. I don't know your time zone, but here in Pacific time zone it's on HBO East at 5pm and HBO West at 8pm tonight. HTH! :)

17. shenders

shenders New Member

Aug 15, 2015
    It's not in the guide for Sunday either - but oddly enough, when I do a search, it shows up as being on at 6, and lets me attempt to schedule it, but when I look at the todo list, it shows "Demolition", which is what the guide shows as being on at 6 (Mountain time). The "other showings" list is empty, oddly enough.

This isn't really a big problem, since I'm aware of the issue and can manually schedule - just wanted to let people know that if they are having problems they're not alone.

I will add that the Tivo guide data is usually very accurate - I can only think of three times in the last 10 years where the guide was wrong in a way that I noticed - each time it was a similar situation where the station re-scheduled something at the last minute.

18. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Oh yeah, that movie 'Demolition' was what was on our guide before Tivo finally updated it yesterday. If you record that you should get the show.

I guess the good thing is that, being an HBO show and being current, it will be aired over the various HBO channels numerous times.

Also, it should be on HBO GO, too.

The problem with this is that it was punched into the schedule over a week ago by HBO, so Tivo should have known about it long before now. Since this new Rovi Guide Data program, things are no longer the way we've experienced them for years.

It just hit mine yesterday, as I mentioned at that time, and I was having daily connections. It's just the new guide data thing.

19. jilter

jilter Happy to be here.

Oct 4, 2002
    I got a reminder on my Tivo's main menu.
    Watched it- not sure how much I can say here because of spoilers.
    However, I am now obsessed with CF.
    Tomorrow I am going to the library to find any her books. What a life.
    What a talent.

sharkster likes this.