Bright House Orlando- why hasn't Tivo added the new HD channels?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by tivoknucklehead, Jun 11, 2008.

1. tivoknucklehead

tivoknucklehead Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2002
    Orlando Florida

Advertisements

Bright House added MGM-HD, ABC Family HD and Disney HD June 6 but they still aren't in the channel list. What gives? Maybe I'll call em. and its not a SDV thing since they haven't implemeted that yet after an earlier outcry

2. tivoknucklehead

Dec 12, 2002
    Orlando Florida
    turns out its a Bright House snafu, they are not live yet on cablecards, just boxes. pretty dumb if you ask me. of course they have no eta

3. net114

net114 Tivolitic Guru

Dec 29, 2000
    florida
    I'm receiving them but no guide data yet...

4. tivoknucklehead

Dec 12, 2002
    Orlando Florida

when I directly punch in the channel numbers I get "channel not available" You are saying you can see these channels on your Tivo?

5. dwit

dwit Active Member

May 4, 2004
    Atlanta, GA

Advertisements

In these type situations, it seems it is much more likely to be a cable co snafu, than a Tivo/Tribune one.

6. tivoknucklehead

Dec 12, 2002
    Orlando Florida
    here is the email Bright House replied to me

Thank you for your correspondence regarding your Bright House Networks service. This email is to acknowledge receipt of your correspondence. We apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, at this time these channels are not available to our CableCard customers. We will be getting more information regarding this issue in the next few weeks. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us via email. Thank you for taking the time to write to us and have a wonderful day.

:mad:

7. jkalnin

jkalnin Baad Spellor

Jan 8, 2003
    Warrington, PA
    Call back and demand a discount on your bill. You are paying the same amount as box users but getting less for it, doesn't seem fair to me.

8. tivoknucklehead

Dec 12, 2002
    Orlando Florida
    so one day after Bright House said they have no idea when they will be added they show up in the Tivo channel list, but the screen is black on all 3. This is getting annoying

9. orangeboy

orangeboy yes, I AM orangeboy!

Apr 19, 2004
    East Moline, IL
    I was hoping I'd find some info about this in the forums. I've been house-sitting the past couple of days, and hadn't been home. I see the message about the new chans, but I don't receive them. Looks like BHN is up to their old tricks again!

10. tivoknucklehead

Dec 12, 2002
    Orlando Florida

I hope they are not trying to sneak in SDV on these 3 channels

11. tivoknucklehead

Dec 12, 2002
    Orlando Florida
    can anyone confirm these are SDV?

12. CFL Bill

CFL Bill New Member

Oct 25, 2006
    Central Florida
    I'm on the east coast of Florida (Kennedy Space Center area) and I had no problem recieving the recently added channels on my TiVo Series 3 HD receiver. I did have to perform a manual network update to retreive the cable guide data. These new channels are not broadcast via SDV at least at my location.

Regards,

Bill

13. tivoknucklehead

Dec 12, 2002
    Orlando Florida
    anyone in Orlando getting these 3 channels?

14. orangeboy

orangeboy yes, I AM orangeboy!

Apr 19, 2004
    East Moline, IL
    I just went through guided setup again to see if that would do the trick, but no new (viewable) channels.

15. Randman

Randman New Member

Oct 21, 2002
    Sounds like the same thing we had last time. They didn't give us the previous channels for a couple of months, until we all complained loudly.

Gotta love BHN.

16. dkahs23

dkahs23 New Member

Apr 17, 2005
    Palm Coast,...
    I'm getting the new channels MGM-HD, ABC Family HD and Disney HD. And I'm getting the guide info on them. I have M-Series card. You have to make sure the box is check in the channel line up.

17. dkahs23

dkahs23 New Member

Apr 17, 2005
    Palm Coast,...
    Oh by the way I have Brighthouse out of Orlando as well.

18. TiVoToo

TiVoToo Member

Sep 12, 2006
    Orlando, FL
    I have 2 Single Stream CableCards in my S3, and thought the boxes are checked in the channel list and the guide data shows when channel selected, there is no signal. Same 'symptoms' as with the other channels that were not restored last time after new channels added.

19. tivoknucklehead

Dec 12, 2002
    Orlando Florida
    I'm in your exact situation. its total bs

20. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Looks like the opposite is happening over here on Brighthouse in St. Pete, I see MGMHD, DSNYHD and FAMHD in my Guide, and can get see each channel's video, but all of the data is "to be announced."

Disney and ABC Family don't "look" HD right now ... looks like all pillarboxed content.