Bright House and Tivo series 1+2

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by hale, Aug 1, 2011.

1. hale

hale New Member

Jul 7, 2002
    Hello tivo fans..

I was wondering with the digital transition from a few years ago, What box will you need from the cable company. Are you able to use the $1 digital box or the 8$ converter box with guide? Would like to use the $1 digital box. The rep recommended I get the $8 converter box. Anyone have any experience on this topic?

Thanks!!

Hale

2. ggieseke

ggieseke Well-Known Member

May 30, 2008
    If you have a Series 2 Dual Tuner I would recommend a full cable box with analog A/V ouputs. That way if your cable company still has some analog channels you can split the cable before the box, run the second line to the TiVo, and still get some use out of both tuners.

Otherwise the only real difference is that the cheapo DTA boxes only have RF (coax) outputs and your picture quality may decrease slightly.

3. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Those digital converter boxes they sell in electronics stores is meant for receiving Over The Air (OTA) digital signals and not for cable.

What you need are the set top cable boxes appropriate for your cable.

4. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    To be clear, that is NOT what the OP is talking about. The OP is referring to a similar type box that the cableco provides, for essentially the same purpose.