Breaking In *Spoliers

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by full_heart, Apr 14, 2011.

1. full_heart

full_heart Member

May 12, 2005
    Oklahoma
    Did anyone else watch this? I had high hopes, I love the guy that was on Reaper and well I was a Christian Slater fan lol.

My favorite line from the whole episode was when we first meet Christian Slater's character and he says "Greetings and Salutations......." *Swoon* That was his line from Heathers.

2. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    I have to admit that when he said that I actually squeeled a little bit. Heathers is my favorite movie of all time and where my love for Slater began! Was happy for the shout out. I heard they might do a few Pump Up The Volume ones too. :)

3. full_heart

full_heart Member

May 12, 2005
    Oklahoma
    I am glad I am not the only one. Heathers is in my top 10 movies and I almost died when he said I had to go back just to make sure I heard it right!

4. ClutchBrake

ClutchBrake Pass the gravy!

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    I thought last night's episode was ridiculously predictable but I still enjoyed it.

I'll definitely keep watching. :up:

5. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Squeeded? ugh. I don't think I have ever done that in my entire life, including when I was 5 years old.

6. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Seriously, you just Ugh'd me for that? :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    I'm sorry for you that nothing in life is exciting enough to warrant that reaction. For me this was.

7. IJustLikeTivo

IJustLikeTivo Active Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    "Spoliers"

Are they French?

8. ClutchBrake

ClutchBrake Pass the gravy!

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    Yeah, I think someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning! :)

The line got a laugh out of me... but I have to confess Pump Up the Volume is what came to mind rather than Heathers. Oops!

9. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I have to admit that the storyline was a tad predictable (who didn't know that Alyssa Milano was a spy) but the cast works well and Slater's bringing good mojo.

Breaking In scored a 2.8 in 18-49 and while that's 0.1 higher than the premier of Happy Endings, it's one hell of a drop off from Idol's 7.1 rating.

Maybe this would work better paired with Raising Hope.

10. Joey P

Joey P New Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Milwaukee, WI
    I loved that line. As soon as I heard it (I wasn't really paying attention when it first started) I did a sort of "Wait what" double take. Then I put it up as my facebook status hoping someone would reply to it, either in reference to Heathers or Breaking In. Christian lost a little bit of respect from me when he said Eye-talian though...we're not from Eye-taly.
    God, I haven't watched Heathers in at least 10 years...I'll have to keep an eye out for it to show up on Instant.

ETA, I kinda wish they would have opened the pilot with the Greetings and Salutations line.

11. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    There isn't much that will retain Idol's audience. I think 2.8 is going to make it a lock for a renewal order.

12. Demandred

Demandred RPSLS Champion

Mar 6, 2001
    Houston, TX, US
    I like this show, I hope it makes it.

13. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I don't necessarily disagree with you but:

1. we're not network executives.
    2. we're not network executives at Fox.

Look up what happened to The Single Guy on NBC.

14. full_heart

full_heart Member

May 12, 2005
    Oklahoma
    I fixed it. Sorry, guess I shouldn't try to do two things at once. Thanks for pointing it out.

15. full_heart

full_heart Member

May 12, 2005
    Oklahoma
    Well I guess someone doesn't know how to have fun and enjoy things! Sounds a lot like my sister. Joanna is that you??? lol.

Hopefully someday something makes sieglinde happy enough to squeel in happiness!

16. sushikitten

sushikitten LivingLippy.com TCF Club

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    I'll allow it.

:D :up:

17. Ekims

Ekims Don't care anymore

Oct 18, 2002
    Yeah, bout...
    Perfect post..

I liked this show.. I must say that I didn't squeal, but that might be because I have never seen this movie Heathers.

18. gastrof

gastrof Hubcaps r in fashion

Oct 31, 2003
    Potato and pen.
    I'd heard about this show on a SMALLVILLE website, since apparently Michael Rosenbaum (Lex Luthor) is somehow connected to it.

Is he in every episode, or was it a one-time appearance?

19. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    I think he was a guest star in the pilot episode.

Edit: nope, he's appeared in both episodes that have aired so far. He's not a member of the main cast, however.