Breaking Bad - "sunset" - 4/25/10

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by speaker city, Apr 25, 2010.

1. speaker city

speaker city New Member

Sep 28, 2005
    Atlanta, MI

Advertisements

Totally speechless :eek:

Best episode so far :up:

2. NatasNJ

NatasNJ Bone marrow lover!

Jan 7, 2002
    Philly
    I think the old Jessie coming back clearly was a major reason this episode was so damn good.

3. spikedavis

spikedavis New Member

Nov 23, 2003
    This episode flew by. Sooooooo friggin good. Poor Hank.

4. speaker city

speaker city New Member

Sep 28, 2005
    Atlanta, MI
    How bout that bromance montage with Walt and the guy from Flight of the Conchords?

I like the new lab guy. He makes a good point in that people are going to buy meth anyway, might as well make sure it's a clean product.

Anyone else agree that part of the reason this ep was so good was partially due to the fact that there was so little Skylar?

5. spikedavis

spikedavis New Member

Nov 23, 2003

Advertisements

I prefer to think of him as that guy from Damages. or The Wire. :)

But yes-very little Skylar...

6. balboa dave

balboa dave well rounded

Jan 19, 2004
    Newport...
    Who knew such warm skies and a gorgeous sunset could be so chilling. That was an amazing scene, a perfect combination of cinematography and plot twists. I thought for sure Walt was being set up, what with his new assistant in place (which could still happen, I guess).

7. danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    FANTASTIC episode. I was half-expecting one of the Cousins to calmly pull out a gun and shoot Gus during their sunset meeting. That man has nerves of steel.

Seems like everyone is making coffee from elaborate chemistry sets these days. Didn't Walter (Bishop) do that not long ago on Fringe, too?

All the breadcrumbs are there now, to lead Hank to Walt. He just has to connect the dots and not get dead, first. (I read his final scene as his realizing that he was conned out of leaving the RV, but not necessarily him yet realizing that it was Walt that orchestrated the con). I think when he does ultimately realize Walt's at the center of this it will be more telegraphed than a furious look. Still, he now knows:

1. Jessie is (or at least works for) Heisenberg
    2. The RV is Jessie's
    3. Blue meth is produced from the RV
    4. Combo dealt blue meth
    5. Jessie and Combo knew each other
    6. Walt knows Jessie.
    7. Right after he called Walt to ask about Jessie and the RV, Jessie sped out of his house and straight to the RV. Will he realize the coincidence of timing?
    8. While he was at the RV, someone who knows Marie, and who knows his cell number, pulled him away from the scene at a crucial moment.

I'm dying for him to put these pieces in the correct order and have everything click into place.

I LOVED the legal showdown at the junkyard, regarding probable cause and the treatment of mobile homes as homes versus vehicles. :up:

8. billboard_NE

billboard_NE North Shore MA

May 18, 2005
    The pace of this episode was perfect, it was not rushed at all like a typical netwrok show. I loved how crazy angry Hank was at the hospital when he found out he was fooled into leaving the scene of the RV he had been looking for.

9. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    If I were Jesse, I'd be skedaddling out of town for a while.

II thought Gus was going to pull out a gun and shoot the twins.

They don't pay Saul enough.

10. Tivortex

Tivortex Cherished Member

Feb 29, 2004
    Colorado
    But it's not for a lack of him trying! :)

11. tivointenn

tivointenn New Member

Apr 10, 2004
    I've missed Walt and Jesse as comrades the last several episodes. When they were both trapped in the RV it seemed to have at least momentarily pushed their differences aside. I hope this is the start to seeing more of them as allies again.

I thought they would get the RV away from the lot before Hank pulled up. When I saw him pull in I thought "Oh ****". I thought it was a very creative and well written episode.

This show is by far my favorite of all the ones I watch.

12. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    He was standing out of axe range.

phox

13. lordargent

lordargent real ultimate power

Nov 12, 2002
    He might put all of the pieces together, and then get whacked before he can tell anyone else.

14. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    I was totally waiting on something else to happen here as well so it took me by surprise when he offered them Hank.

Oh he was pissed. Great acting there. Jesse best not go home. I have a feeling Hank is gonna want to knock the snot out of him after that. He can only assume Jesse set that up.

LOL You know that is true!

15. markymark_ctown

markymark_ctown Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2004
    C-Town
    are you talking about walt's lab asst? i've watched both shows and didn't recognize him.

it's not just an RV...it's a domicile :)

==

I liked how the cousins sat on the same side of the booth. looked awfully cramped...

16. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Walt certainly doesn't care much about apartment furnishings if he'll take the demo apartment, as is. Jesse's not too big on home furniture either.

17. tony touch

tony touch Nice and Smooth

Jul 16, 2004
    Atlanta
    Wow, what an amazing episode. I have to say this one is my 2nd favorite after "Grilled" (the one where Tuco is killed).

The last two episodes have been stellar.

18. spikedavis

spikedavis New Member

Nov 23, 2003
    On Damages he was Rick Messer
    the cop Frobisher hired to kill David
    -he had a big thick beard and glasses. On The Wire he was the head of the Baltimore Sun - or whatever it's fictional equivalent was. And of course on Flight of the Conchords he was Mel's put-upon husband. Nearly every role he is completely different.

19. Legion

Legion Member

Aug 24, 2005
    I see Dean Norris around town occasionally, usually at the airport (his parents/family still live here I think). If I see him before the season finale.......I will ask him.

20. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    I think it is only a strong suspicion that the RV is the lab. How does Hank know that tidbit?

If Gus wanted to save $3m, he'd pay Walt with a post-dated check -- dated for the day after the twins come a-knockin'. :D

That wasn't just a demo apartment, it was the "show suite", so it would be better furnished than most.