Breaking Bad Picked Up For a Second Season

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Stone1717, May 7, 2008.

1. May 7, 2008 #1 of 15
    Stone1717

Stone1717 New Member

Aug 28, 2003
  2. May 7, 2008 #2 of 15
    billboard_NE

billboard_NE North Shore MA

May 18, 2005
    For those too lazy or unable to follow the link........

More "Breaking Bad"
    AMC has ordered a second season. Highlights from the announcement after the jump.

AMC announced today the renewal of its latest original series, Breaking Bad, for a second season of 13 episodes. The renewal expands on AMC’s commitment to bring viewers cinematic original programming that complements and is supported by the network’s vast library of iconic movies. From acclaimed writer/producer/director Vince Gilligan (X-Files) and Sony Pictures Television, Breaking Bad follows the story of a desperate man who turns to a life of crime to secure his family’s financial security. Season One of Breaking Bad premiered on AMC Sunday nights this past January.

“From critical praise to strong ratings and a devoted audience, Breaking Bad further reinforced AMC as a top producer of high-quality, distinctive television,” said Charlie Collier, EVP and general manager of AMC. “Breaking Bad is a powerful, intelligent and thought-provoking series that clearly resonated with viewers and critics alike. We’re excited for a second season of Breaking Bad with new and provocative storylines that will delve deeper into the next chapter in the life of Walter White.”

“Breaking Bad has been such a labor of love; the pickup is validation in our belief that the viewers would embrace this show,” said Jamie Erlicht, co-president, programming and production, Sony Pictures Television.

“Vince, Mark and Bryan have raised the bar to a new level, and to see their efforts recognized with this pickup shows that great writing and great acting is really what it’s all about,” said Zack Van Amburg, co-president, programming and production, Sony Pictures Television.

3. May 7, 2008 #3 of 15
    hyimted

hyimted sugartastic t. love

Apr 13, 2003
    sacramento, ca
    i am totally there ... thought this was one of the best shows around.

4. May 7, 2008 #4 of 15
    VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    Great show. Since the first season was shortened to 7 episodes due to the strike I was hoping if it got picked up they would do 19 to make up for it. But 13 is good too.

5. May 7, 2008 #5 of 15
    Neenahboy

Neenahboy Statistical outlier

Apr 7, 2004
    Seattle, WA

Advertisements

Awesome. :up:

6. May 7, 2008 #6 of 15
    DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Excellent news. I was just talking with my friend about this show today and we were hoping that it would be picked up. Does anyone know when the next season would air? Not until January again or will it be in the fall?

7. May 8, 2008 #7 of 15
    ElJay

ElJay Active Member

Apr 6, 2005
    So are they going to order TV-MA episodes again and then trim them down to TV-14, I assume at the whim of advertisers? I liked the show but the censorship was quite annoying.

8. May 8, 2008 #8 of 15
    danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    This is great news. I love this show!

9. May 8, 2008 #9 of 15
    MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets TCF Bookie

Jul 12, 2005
    East Hell
    Definitely good news.

10. danschn

danschn Member

Apr 22, 2004
    New York
    We just watched the Season 1 Breaking Bad finale last week. Because it's still fresh in my mind, it probably makes me biased, but I think it turned into my favorite 1 hour drama series of the year. It was gritty and raw, awkward and funny all at the same time.

I just hope I start receiving AMC-HD. Cablevision's analog version of AMC is about the softest fuzziest station there is. I'd watch season 1 again just to see the swirling smoke, the desert landscapes and of course the red glop that fell through the ceiling in Jesse's aunt's house.

11. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Great news!!!!

12. spikedavis

spikedavis New Member

Nov 23, 2003
    Best news I've heard all week. I was dying for more episodes. This was a show where literally every episode was better than the last. Now that The Wire is over, I would say this is probably the best written show on TV.

13. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    I was wondering about that, too! It's on a supposed cable channel, I thought it was actually produced to some degree by AMC (though I could be very wrong about that), yet it's censored all to heck? I just didn't get that.

14. hyimted

hyimted sugartastic t. love

Apr 13, 2003
    sacramento, ca
    it wasn't at first ... i clearly remember them saying the s-word many times. i don't think they dropped the f bomb though. but, later on, they even censored the s-word. i figured the show must have been getting more popular, more viewers, more criticism, etc.

15. Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    This is one of the shows I didn't catch the first time around. I'll add it to my BB queue when it comes out on DVD. :)