Breaking Bad "One Minute" OAD 5/2/10

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by billboard_NE, May 2, 2010.

1. May 2, 2010 #1 of 56
    billboard_NE

billboard_NE North Shore MA

May 18, 2005

Advertisements

Best hour on Television that I can remember!!

Outstanding performance by all.

2. May 2, 2010 #2 of 56
    SeanC

SeanC ECT

Dec 30, 2003
    Someplace
    Saying +whatever number here doesn't convey my level of agreement.

Now I have to go to bed for work, I shall post my thoughts about the show tomorrow.

3. May 2, 2010 #3 of 56
    SocratesJohnson

SocratesJohnson New Member

Sep 14, 2005
    Bedford, TX
    I can't remember the last time I felt that tense watching a tv show!

4. May 2, 2010 #4 of 56
    thebigmo

thebigmo Hot Doughnuts Now!!!

Feb 12, 2005
    Auburn, AL
    Yes. Yes. Yes. Couldn't agree more. This was awesome. My stomach was churning all through that last scene.

5. May 2, 2010 #5 of 56
    Legion

Legion Member

Aug 24, 2005

Advertisements

They make it "too easy" to love this show.

6. May 3, 2010 #6 of 56
    rpph

rpph Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Who tipped off Hank?

7. May 3, 2010 #7 of 56
    balboa dave

balboa dave well rounded

Jan 19, 2004
    Newport...
    Had to have been the chicken man.

8. May 3, 2010 #8 of 56
    SocratesJohnson

Sep 14, 2005
    Bedford, TX
    Or more specifically the guy that works for the chicken man, the one that was bugged Walt's house.

9. May 3, 2010 #9 of 56
    spikedavis

spikedavis New Member

Nov 23, 2003
    I just realized that Gus didn't hire that guy to be Walt's partner....he's Walt's replacement. He's supposed to learn the entire process and formula so that when the cartel takes Walt out, Gus can resume business as normal.

By the way-brilliant episode. That last 10 minutes? Hall of Fame stuff.

10. SeanC

SeanC ECT

Dec 30, 2003
    Someplace
    As to who tipped off Hank, why would Gus or the PI let Hank know? He's nothing to them, though as far as what we know they are the most likely, because they knew the most about the cousins and what they were doing.

I think it more likely that they give us a flashback with the caller that fills us in with the who, how, and why.

So what is going to happen with the DEA and the attempted assassination of Hank? From the DEA's perspective wouldn't the most likely conclusion be that Jesse dropped the suit because he knew he had put out a hit on Hank?

11. catcard

catcard MoxiDVR

Mar 2, 2001
    Honey...
    I think the DEA will find out that the cousins are involved with the cartel so they will see that Hank was on the right track after all. I think this will help him get his job back.... if he survives....

The last 5 mins was the best tv I have watched in years!!! I was glued to the screen - awesome writing and acting in this show!

12. SeanC

SeanC ECT

Dec 30, 2003
    Someplace
    For me these last few episodes have really move Hank up several notches as a character that I care about on the show. I know I was talking to the TV at both the beginning and the end.

At the start I was telling Hank to calm down and take a minute to think about what you're doing man!

At the end I was yelling for him to get the f*** outta there.

I think Hank will live.

13. billboard_NE

billboard_NE North Shore MA

May 18, 2005
    I could not figure out why Walt wanted his competent assistant fired, then I was touched when Walt made the call to get Jesse hired as his new assistant. I was nearly in tears during the scene at the hospital when Jessie told Walt he did not want to work for him. What a ride.

That acting should get Aaron Paul another nomination for an Emmy.

I know I was not the only one screaming at my TV telling Hank to get the F out of there!

I was expecting Hank to die, but that would really throw the balance of the show off good/evil.

14. Legion

Legion Member

Aug 24, 2005
    I thought the same thing. He nailed that scene.

15. SocratesJohnson

Sep 14, 2005
    Bedford, TX
    Perhaps Gus's plan was to let the Cousins take out Hank (and the DEA threat) and then eventually take out Walt after the assistant got the process and formula down. Walt threw a monkey wrench in all this when he fired the assistant. Now Gus needs to keep Walt happy and producing, hence why he tipped Hank off.

16. SeanC

SeanC ECT

Dec 30, 2003
    Someplace
    Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh, that is a very good point.

17. Keen

Keen Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Minneapolis, MN
    I think it was Gus' PI, with Gus' blessing. Gus doesn't like the cousins. They came to his turf, and are insistent on interfering with his lucrative business with Walt. So he points them to Hank as a diversion. Then he gives Hank a chance to defend himself with the tip-off call. End result with either be dead cousins, which means they're out of Gus' hair, or dead Hank, which will stop the investigation into Walt/Jesse. It's a win/win situation for Gus.

18. spikedavis

spikedavis New Member

Nov 23, 2003
    It's also in Gus's interests to keep Walter's life as stress-free as possible-and if Hank were to be killed that could gum up the works.

19. jrinck

jrinck Certified Neurotic

Nov 23, 2004
    I agree it's the PI. Gus called Saul, who then called the PI who had been following Hank.

Who else would be close enough to know the cousins were only one minute away?

20. eMarkM

eMarkM New Member

Apr 28, 2003
    I also think it was the PI that tipped him off. But, I'm pretty sure Saul is out of the loop when it comes to Gus. The PI has the direct contact with Gus and is working directly for him on his behalf. They made this pretty clear in a previous episode when he alerted Gus to the Cousin's presence.

I initially thought Gus was setting it up so that he could get the formula and muscle Walt out after the 3 months expired. And maybe Walt's insistence on Jesse threw that idea out. But his character seems to be that of an honest business man who happens to be operating in an illegal business. He's already shown that he abhors the violence of the industry he's in and probably only employs it when absolutely necessary. The happier he can make Walt--by doing what he can to make sure his brother-in-law doesn't die--is all part of increasing the bottom line.

Amazing episode with Aaron Paul at his best. I was wondering if they'd ever be able to pull these two back together. It will be great to see them cooking in the super-lab. The tension between them should still exist with Jesse back in because the money is just too tough to resist even though his feelings won't change about how reprehensible Walt has become.

The Hank assassination attempt was also great. I mean a show like this could certainly have killed him off despite him being such a major character. So the tension of that scene was amazing.