Breaking Bad "End Times" OAD 10/2/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by billboard_NE, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Oct 2, 2011 #1 of 64
    billboard_NE

billboard_NE North Shore MA

May 18, 2005
    Wow, another episode that could have been the season finale.

Loved the imprint of the snub nose on Walt's head, I do not believe I have ever seen that before.

2. Oct 2, 2011 #2 of 64
    VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    Gus is too unbelievably smart but that was a very tense scene at the end. I hope they find a way to keep Saul around for the final 16.

3. Oct 3, 2011 #3 of 64
    john4200

john4200 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Are Jesse and Walt both insane now? Jesse's girlfriend's boy gets sick, and they assume it is from ricin in the cigarette Jesse has been carrying around, then they conclude that Gus took the cigarette from Jesse and gave the ricin to the boy in order to get Jesse to kill Walt? WTF?

4. Oct 3, 2011 #4 of 64
    nataylor

nataylor Curiously Strong TCF Club

Apr 26, 2000
    Houston, TX
    When Jessie's girlfriend mentions ricin to the doctors, I would think they'd want to know how he came into contact with it. Ricin isn't something you just accidentally run across. Especially if the kid actually tests positive, I'm pretty sure that would bring in some homeland security types who are going to want to know where it came from and how the girlfriend knew to tell them about it.

5. Oct 3, 2011 #5 of 64
    Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    Just another great example of the incredible detail they attend to in this show. The end didn't quite have the impact of the last several episode endings...but still a good one.

6. Oct 3, 2011 #6 of 64
    SeanC

SeanC ECT

Dec 30, 2003
    Someplace
    Yeah, this was my thought as well.

A ricin poisoning being reported at a hospital would bring in LOTS of government attention immediately.

7. Oct 3, 2011 #7 of 64
    danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    Walt spinning the gun was another pizza-on-the-roof brilliant moment. I wonder how many takes it took to get it just right.

8. Oct 3, 2011 #8 of 64
    DanB

DanB New Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    hmm, so now perhaps instead of Gus being some super bad cartel, or ex-military death squad, maybe he's some kind of South American voodoo king? :) I mean, the scene in the parking deck was more than just sixth sense stuff.

9. Oct 3, 2011 #9 of 64
    john4200

Oct 31, 2009
    The only way I can make sense of that is if Mike (or someone of Gus') followed Walt (I assume Gus always has someone tailing Walt) and reported his activities to Gus before Gus left the hospital. Because otherwise, Gus is psychic, which does not really work in this show.

10. john4200

Oct 31, 2009
    I think the writers cannot see the forest for the trees. They may get little details right, but the overall consistency of the story is weak this season.

11. nataylor

nataylor Curiously Strong TCF Club

Apr 26, 2000
    Houston, TX
    We know that they keep an eye on Walt. Walt knows they keep an eye on him. Which is why I'm not sure why he thought his car bomb plan would work. There's no way he could mess around with Gus' car without Gus knowing about it.

Of course, the whole parking garage thing doesn't make a lot of sense, either. If they know Walt has planted a bomb on the car, why would Gus even get near it? Walt is a good chemist, so there's no telling exactly how powerful whatever he planted on the car was. And in the garage, it seems like a lot of the blast would be directed laterally. So just being ~30 feet away still seems like a big risk for Gus to take.

12. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    That might still happen. Not much time has passed yet. Walt would know better than to say anything. Jessie is not so bright.

13. john4200

Oct 31, 2009
    Yes, I thought the same. But the writers of this show seem to value appearance over plausibility in many cases. I guess they could not pass up the chance to show Gus looking almost right at Walt, with his "don't mess with me" stare.

I suppose one other possible explanation is that Gus has some sort of "alarm" on his car that lets him know if someone messed with it. It could be electronic, or it could be just something manual that he can see from a short distance. But I don't like this explanation, since if Gus was going to do something like that, he may as well just have one of his underlings follow him wherever he goes, watching from a distance.

One other possibility is that Walt is just foolish. He has been acting especially foolish this season. Maybe there was something visible on the car from what Walt did.

14. pierpont

pierpont TiVo-ing since 1999

Jul 9, 2006
    USA
    I think Gus stopped to think about what Jesse said to him about his girlfriend's boy being "poisoned" and he decided to go back and question him further, not because he sensed their was a bomb in the car.

15. pierpont

pierpont TiVo-ing since 1999

Jul 9, 2006
    USA
    The attention to detail in this show is incredible.

16. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    Yeah. My thought, too.

Gus's gears were grinding thinking that Jesse had to have talked to Walt, and if Walt survived, then Jesse just went to Walt's side and Gus lost him. That may be what Gus was going with when he backed down and gave Jesse the week off. That week gave Gus time to consider a strategy.

Gus has to realize that going after the kid was a move that was a fatal mistake.

17. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    You must be watching something else....:rolleyes:

18. john4200

Oct 31, 2009
    Or it could be that I don't just watch.

19. voripteth

voripteth User Advocate

Apr 9, 2003
    :up: I agree. It was just a coincidence that it kept Gus from being blown up. Heck if Walt was patient enough, Gus would eventually come back to the car but we all know that isn't the Walt we know and love. :rolleyes:

20. xuxa

xuxa Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2001
    at least not paying attention. ;)