Breaking Bad - "Caballo Sin Nombre" - 3/28/10

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by speaker city, Mar 28, 2010.

1. speaker city

speaker city New Member

Sep 28, 2005
    Atlanta, MI

Advertisements

This is drama done right. Easily the best show on TV.

I don't know where to begin. So much happened in this episode. I'll just say I loved the return of Saul, Tio, and Saul's PI guy.

2. spikedavis

spikedavis New Member

Nov 23, 2003
    I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't watch this show. I agree-by far the best show on tv.

3. calitivo

calitivo Active Member

Dec 5, 2002
    -So does Saul work for Gus or Saul's henchman work for both of them. Guessing that Saul is involved since he was pressing the issue of going back into production.
    -The Jesse story is awful. After getting sober, his plan is to screw over his parents. Really? Way to make amends. And that's how he is going to use all his money. To buy a suburban house he has little use for. Guess they need a reason to get him with Walt again. Or maybe he sells it and doubles his money.
    -I forget, but was Walter's name used in front of Tio last season and that's how he knew.
    -I think this is at least the third time they have done the same exact scene between Skylar and the boss. Boring storyline, except for the part where he said he was doing it for his family.

Still not sure if the opening scene of the season was in the past or the future like season 2. Was thinking that Gus would protect Walt and company in exchange for $ and agreeing to the 3 months. But not sure now.

4. john4200

john4200 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    I guess Jesse still feels entitled to a house from his parents, since he thinks his Aunt meant for him to have her house and his mother kicked him out of that house.

5. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...

Advertisements

That was cold, Jesse.

I had a hard time keeping my eyes off of Skylar's boobs so I'm pretty sure Beneke noticed them too - and her missing wedding ring.

Walt could make the Olympic pizza tossing team. I replayed that twice to see if there was any obvious cgi work but I couldn't tell.

An axe? The twins couldn't just Shoot Walt?

I'm now lost with the "bad guy" connections.

6. nataylor

nataylor Curiously Strong TCF Club

Apr 26, 2000
    Houston, TX
    I don't get the confusion over this scene. Seems clear to me the Cousins went to get a "blessing" for their mission to kill Walt.

7. spikedavis

spikedavis New Member

Nov 23, 2003
    Saul's henchman (forget that dude's name right now) called up Gus-and unless my memory is foggy I had no idea that Gus and Saul had any other connection that Walt.

And yeah-when Walt flung that pizza up on the roof we laughed out loud and replayed it-how many takes did they shoot for that I wonder?

8. cheesesteak

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    From Alan Sepinwall's column:

9. nataylor

nataylor Curiously Strong TCF Club

Apr 26, 2000
    Houston, TX
    The pizza was hilarious. You can see Walt look at the roof after he flings it up there. At the time, we weren't sure if that look meant "oh crap, I flung the pizza on the roof" or "holy crap, this is the 50th take and I finally got the pizza on the roof." Now it's even funnier knowing that was the first take. The look must have been "I can't believe I got the pizza on the roof on the first try." :D

10. stlarenas

stlarenas Active Member

Sep 16, 2005
    near St...
    Yes...but the resturaunt employee in charge of cutting the pizza should be fired ;) ...have you ever gotten a takeout pizza that wasn't cut at all?

I loved the episode. I am surprised some of you didn't like the Jessie storyline. It was my favorite part of the show. I think it fit perfectly with his revelation last week that he is the "bad guy". Smart, calculating, do anything to get what he wants attitude...I am really looking forward to watching this new attitude develop, and seeing how Walt reacts to it.

11. speaker city

speaker city New Member

Sep 28, 2005
    Atlanta, MI
    I really liked the opening of this ep. I was enjoying myself watching Walt enjoying himself listening to America's Horse with No Name... until the fuzz came along and ruined everyone's good time. Seriously though, Walt, the windshield was pretty bad, and it's been how many weeks since the crash? You're the number one meth producer in the southwest, maybe you wanna keep a lower profile.

Yeah, at :34 you can see Beneke checking out her cleavage and then she kind of repositions herself. I didn't notice the missing ring. BTW, can someone explain what Beneke's doing that's illegal? Is he hiding revenue so he doesn't have to pay taxes on it?

12. spikedavis

spikedavis New Member

Nov 23, 2003
    I'm with you-I loved the Jessie storyline. Him walking into the house was a tiny - yet huge "win" for him.

13. cheesesteak

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Maybe Walt should part with a tiny fraction of his fortune and get his windshield replaced. Heck, it's probably insured.

14. speaker city

speaker city New Member

Sep 28, 2005
    Atlanta, MI
    If anyone's curious, the song played when Walt was trying to get into his house while PI guy was setting up the surveillance is Magic Arrow by Timber Timbre.

This show has great music.

15. spikedavis

spikedavis New Member

Nov 23, 2003
    Can someone explain to me why Walt was so intent on gettting into the house to begin with? I mean, in retrospect-had he not-the henchman wouldn't have seen him...wouldn't have called Gus....and the henchman would have stayed there until Skylar, the baby and Walt Jr came home. :O

16. speaker city

speaker city New Member

Sep 28, 2005
    Atlanta, MI
    I think he was being defiant to Skylar's orders to stay away from the house. Plus he looked pretty gnarly when he woke up, maybe he really wanted to bathe in his shower.

When The Cousins entered the kitchen, one of them pointed out Holly's ultrasound photo to the other. I don't think these guys would hurt kids. I think they mainly want to kill Walt... I almost wanted to call him Heisenberg, but they know his real name. Damn that scene with Tio and the quija board was intense!

17. GadgetFreak

GadgetFreak New Member

Jun 3, 2002
    What was the meaning of the text message that the cousins received?

18. spikedavis

spikedavis New Member

Nov 23, 2003
    The same text message that Walt got from Gus-meaning that they are beholden to him too...

19. billboard_NE

billboard_NE North Shore MA

May 18, 2005

20. billboard_NE

billboard_NE North Shore MA

May 18, 2005
    You are right, but they did show a new windshield with tape on the edges during the pizza scene. So yes he did get it repaired.