Breaking Bad "Bullet Points" 8/7/2011 (#404)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by NatasNJ, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Aug 8, 2011 #1 of 40
    NatasNJ

NatasNJ Bone marrow lover!

Jan 7, 2002
    Philly
    So are we to assume the guys who shot up the truck are Cartel people?

Also did your episode cut when the trucks doors open to Mike walking out of truck with the two gunmen dead?

2. Aug 8, 2011 #2 of 40
    john4200

john4200 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    No, the guys jumped into the back of the truck and Mike promptly shot them from the shadows.

3. Aug 8, 2011 #3 of 40
    danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    I absolutely loved the brief moment where Sklyar thinks Walt is actually apologizing. Brilliantly acted by both of them.

Hank watched SO CLOSELY for Walt's reaction to "WW" being Walter White. I'm left wondering how much Hank has actually pieced together, and I can't recall this being addressed in prior episodes. Have we ever seen a moment where Hank has even momentarily entertained that Walt and Heisenberg may be one and the same?

So, has the end of Walt's arc now been foreshadowed? ("I know a guy who can help you disappear....")

Yesterday in an unrelated article on The Walking Dead, I saw mention made that AMC only wants a shortened season (6 or 8 episodes) of Breaking Bad next year. Between this and the Walking Dead budget cuts, it's starting to feel like AMC is too small a player to support multiple big budget shows...

4. Aug 8, 2011 #4 of 40
    NatasNJ

Jan 7, 2002
    Philly
    Mine cut. Bad edit or something. Weird...

So where do you think Jesse is being taken? No way they kill him. So my guess is some halway house or something. That or to a place where they killed or kindnapped someone he loves/cares for like his parents or ex-girlfriend.

5. Aug 8, 2011 #5 of 40
    Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    I didn't see that at all, and I don't think Hank has pieced together jack-squat....he's as clueless as he is lazy....

6. Aug 8, 2011 #6 of 40
    john4200

Oct 31, 2009
    Hard to say. My first thought was that Mike was going to try to scare the **** out of Jesse to hopefully get him to behave. Sort of like what Mike and Gus did to Walt a while back in that meeting they had in the cars. But my second thought is that it would not work on Jesse, and Mike probably knows that. So, I don't know.

7. Aug 8, 2011 #7 of 40
    NatasNJ

Jan 7, 2002
    Philly
    Jesse clearly doesn't care about his life. That much is obvious. So the only thing that MAY get to him is a loved one being threatened. Should be interesting.

8. Aug 8, 2011 #8 of 40
    gchance

gchance 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 6, 2002
    Olivehurst, CA
    The TENSION of the scene with Walt & Hank watching the DVD? Oh MAN that was hard to sit through, although the karaoke video was funny as hell. And the lab book? Gale was planning a major backpacking trip (Appachian Trail maybe?), the Ron Paul bumper sticker, WW. I don't think Hank was suspecting Walt is in on it at all, but the closeness of it... yeesh.

Equally impressive was both Walt & Skyler at the dinner, great acting by both, and the irony being the situation creating a closer bond between them and repairing their relationship. Walt Jr. trying to get a car out of the deal. *snicker*

This was probably my favorite episode of the season.

9. Aug 8, 2011 #9 of 40
    danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    I wonder if we'll be seeing his younger brother again, in that case...

10. Bierboy

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    This.

11. rahnbo

rahnbo Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Greenville, SC
    Probably not. Has Hank ever bothered to even tap Walt's wealth of chemistry knowledge even as a conversation starter at a back yard BBQ?

12. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    Yeah this was a great episode... One of the best ones of the series. While it was not a single major issue, it was a glue episode where a lot of different parts advanced.

Was very well done. As others mentioned the tension was good and also some brief moments of comedy.

I will say that I still really am a fan of the Skylar character. The complexities of the relationships on the show are very well done.

I did wonder why Skylar dealt blackjack like she had worked as a dealer or something. It is probably not common nature for people with no experience dealing blackjack to turn the double down card sideways.

13. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Does Mike ever sleep?

14. john4200

Oct 31, 2009
    I wish they would develop his character a bit more. Unless I missed it, they have never explained why he is so loyal to Gus.

15. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    That is a good point. We first saw Mike working for the lawyer, but he was actually working for Gus. How all that came to be would be an interesting story to delve into at some point.

Too bad this is not a flashback season. :)

16. stlarenas

stlarenas Active Member

Sep 16, 2005
    near St...
    Best episode of the season so far.

Completely unrelated... Has there ever been a tv series with so many bald men as main characters? :) They added Jesie to the mix this week.

17. Bierboy

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    Technically, Jesse's not bald....;)

18. Mr Flippant

Mr Flippant Regular User

Jan 2, 2009
    I was actually happy to Jesse dragged out of that house, even if Mike was doing the intervention. The whole scene in his house was sickening. I was thinking it would not be long before a dead body showed up and it could have been Jesse's (well ok not really his body).

Very good episode, it certainly looks like the season is starting to take off.

19. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    How long was tighty-whities guy passed out on Jesse's floor?

20. tgrim1

tgrim1 New Member

Sep 11, 2006
    Iowa
    I love how happy he acts around everyone but his wife, and still gets his verbal jabs in at her.
    Must have been a while, that dude was hungry