Breaking Bad - 9/25/11 - "Crawl Space"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by VegasVic, Sep 25, 2011.

1. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    WOW. This season went from a slow beginning, IMO, to flat out incredible. So much going on, I'm going to rewatch. 2 to go.

2. MrGreg

MrGreg New Member

May 2, 2003
    Isn't Walt making like $13 million per year or so? He should have a lot more available cash than ~600k.

(but good episode)

3. spikedavis

spikedavis New Member

Nov 23, 2003
    But it hasn't been a year since he started working for Gus. It's been about a month or two. Between the car wash and Ted-they don't have the cash to get out of this.

Oh. And best ending ever. Seriously. The way that entire scene was framed, shot, scored and acted was amazing. Skylar trying to calm Marie down as Walter is losing his mind, laughing maniacally in the background...

How the hell do they go another 18 episodes with this???

4. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    It seemed odd to me that Saul's A-Team still Fed-Ex'd the check even though Ted kicked the bucket. They should have checked in with Saul at the very least. Would the IRS still care about auditing Ted's company if he's dead?

When Ted first tripped on the carpet, I thought it was a flub that the director left it. Turned out to be foreshadowing.

Bryan Cranston turned in another great performance but I have no sympathy for Walt. He's an idiot. His gigantic ego caused all of his problems.

5. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    Carwash, money to Ted, paying Hanks medical bills, I could see where Walt would be "short" on cash. Or at least the amount he needs to pay the guy ($500K) and have money to live off of.

I hated the Ted character but his death was a little over the top. I liked it though :)

6. KungFuCow

KungFuCow Thread Killer

May 6, 2004
    Even tho someone mentioned it earlier...

I figured when all this stuff with Ted started that the only way out of it was to kill him. I sure wasnt expecting it to happen that way.

7. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    That was the only fly in the ointment for me (although the "A-Team" seemed a bit light on brains); otherwise another stellar episode in a series that, impossibly, gets better and better.

8. spikedavis

spikedavis New Member

Nov 23, 2003
    From the episode description:

"Ted's financial problems hit a wall."

9. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    :D

10. robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    That scene when Gus fires Walt was beautiful. The cloud making all dark one second, then bright the next. Love the cinematography.

11. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Tyrus really, really, really hates Walt.

12. spikedavis

spikedavis New Member

Nov 23, 2003
    At this point-everyone hates Walt. Except his son.

13. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I'm pretty sure he's making $7.5 million per year, but as others said, he hasn't been doing this very long.
    The problem was that Skylar had already given the money to Ted, and had ripped up the check he made out to her. So whether they mailed the check or not, there was no way to get the money from Ted's bank account back to Skylar without raising suspicion. Had they not mailed it, the IRS likely would have placed a lien on Ted's estate and they'd have gotten most of the money anyway.

14. danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    WALT, emerging from the laundry basket: "Did the laundry have to be dirty?"
    TYRUS: "...no."

:D

15. voripteth

voripteth User Advocate

Apr 9, 2003
    Is Ted really dead? They did show his fingers moving afterwards...

16. spikedavis

spikedavis New Member

Nov 23, 2003
    Based on Saul's conversation with "The A-Team", he's dead. His body was just twitching.

17. classicX

classicX Don't scream.

May 10, 2006
    Miles away...
    Who is Tyrus? edit: The guy tailing Walt.

And it hasn't been just a few months, it's been longer than that, I imagine that Walt has some money left but not enough to pay for the disappearing act.

I knew the carpet would be significant when he tripped the first time, but didn't expect it to happen the way it did.

18. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    When have we heard his name is Tyrus?

Apparently he's Walt's current babysitter.
    The one watching his house at night, watching while he cooks, the guy who cow-prodded him and took him to the desert.

phox

19. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    In the previous episode, we learned that the entire course of the series to date (from Walt finding out he had cancer until now) has been about a year. So the portion of that time where he's been working for Gus hasn't been that long.

I hope the "A-Team" was smart enough to wipe down their fingerprints from Ted's house.

20. MrGreg

MrGreg New Member

May 2, 2003
    It sure seems like it's been longer to me. All of the Gail stuff, the build up of conflict with the cartel, etc. I haven't been able to find a good timeline for the show, though.