Breaking Bad 6/6/2010 (S03E09) "Half Measures"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by dswallow, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Jun 6, 2010 #1 of 51
    dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...

Advertisements

There was no doubt in my mind while Jesse was walking towards the two drug dealers that Walt would come crashing into them in his car. It's going to be an awesome season finale.

2. Jun 7, 2010 #2 of 51
    NatasNJ

NatasNJ Bone marrow lover!

Jan 7, 2002
    Philly
    I thought Walt was going to come speeding up between them and get Jesse in the car. Never saw him smashing them and then getting out of the car and executing the one guy. Wow..

So interested to see if Walt goes after Gus or if he tries to mend things. Did they get signed on for another season? So wondering how they are going to cliffhang/wrap up this season.

3. Jun 7, 2010 #3 of 51
    dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
  4. Jun 7, 2010 #4 of 51
    spikedavis

spikedavis New Member

Nov 23, 2003
    "Run."

5. Jun 7, 2010 #5 of 51
    billboard_NE

billboard_NE North Shore MA

May 18, 2005

Advertisements

If your plan literally involves a crack whore, it probably isn't a good plan.

The PI put in a terrific performance when he was talking to Walt, he was pretty wooden up until this episode.

I liked the camera work in the last scene when Jessie was getting high.

Did Jessie kill the kid?

6. Jun 7, 2010 #6 of 51
    spikedavis

spikedavis New Member

Nov 23, 2003
    What?? Are you being serious?

After the deal went down to not use kids anymore, the two drug dealers went and killed Tomas-to clean up loose ends-and also as a "**** You" to Jesse. Jesse was then in bed with his girlfriend when she got the news-then he decided to get revenge on his own.

7. Jun 7, 2010 #7 of 51
    billboard_NE

billboard_NE North Shore MA

May 18, 2005
    Serious, but tired, Jesse was mad that the drug dealers were using kids, so it makes no sense that Jesse would kill the kid.

"No more half measures", but they let Jesse go with a warning, out of respect for Walt I guess.

I can't wait for next week, but also sad that it was a quick season.

8. Jun 7, 2010 #8 of 51
    calitivo

calitivo Active Member

Dec 5, 2002
    Could the drug dealers have misunderstood Gus when he said "No more children." They weren't there for Jesse's outrage and might have taken it out of context. Or maybe like Walt said, actions have consequences on others.

How would any of them known about Jesse's connection to the kid. The dealers having a direct link to Gus is sloppy writing. Aren't we supposed to think that Gus has a large network.

9. Jun 7, 2010 #9 of 51
    TampaThunder

TampaThunder Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2003
    Tampa, FL
    I thought the same thing at first but then figured it's not too much of a reach. Gus still manages one of his chicken franchises and it's plausible that he's just as hands on with his local dealer network as well.

10. aRKade

aRKade New Member

May 22, 2002
    Farmington, MN
    Poor Walt Jr. Looks like he won't be able to use the Aztek for his drivers test. Now he's gonna have to use Skylar's SUV with the squeaky breaks.

11. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Holy crap. I totally did not see Walt coming to Jesse's rescue, and definitely did not see him executing the guy. Walt better get out of there quickly, because if anyone spots the Aztek, it's not going to be very hard to track Walt down. How many Aztek's can there be in ABQ?

12. speaker city

speaker city New Member

Sep 28, 2005
    Atlanta, MI
    That scene with Mike the PI was intense. I was really hoping his story was gonna end with him killing the wife-beater.

Another intense moment was Jesse saying "no" to Gus. I was on the edge of my seat!

I like that they brought back Windy Wendy from Season 1. This show uses the best music.

13. jrinck

jrinck Certified Neurotic

Nov 23, 2004
    Having Gus meet with Jesse and the two thugs is sloppy writing. I thought Gus was supposed to be low-profile. Even Saul didn't know, him, apparently. But two street level thugs are allowed to meet the kingpin face to face? If those two losers knew who Gus was, everyone will know who Gus is. So much for hiding in plain sight.

But I guess that's moot now that Walt mowed them down, although I don't believe Gus ordered that.

And even moreso... Jesse and Walt are making Gus rich hand over fist. You'd think Gus would respect Jesse over those two loser drug dealers. If Jesse feels better offing them, then let him. Why risk the flow of the meth production for those two losers?

14. NatasNJ

NatasNJ Bone marrow lover!

Jan 7, 2002
    Philly
    I thought after jesse stood up to Gus and mentioned the kid I thought Gus was going to bring back the two dealers and cap them right there.

15. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Just got home and watched this. Holy. Crap. This show keeps me on the edge of my seat. This episode was intense all the way through.

I knew Walt would show up and stop Jesse but I never imagined it would be that way and when he executed the guy, I literally went "OH MY GOD!" with my hands over my mouth. :eek:

Guess the "we are not murderers" thing is out the window now, eh?

Can't wait for next week!!!

16. mrdazzo7

mrdazzo7 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2006
    They did't have to know about his connection, he was clearly furious that they were using a kid to deal drugs and kill people. So Gus tells the guys "no more kids" and they simply took that to the extreme, probably as a big F.U. to Jessie. Gus just said to stop using the kid, he didn't say anything about leaving him alive.

Walt blew my mind in that scene though... Like someone else said, I fully expected him to drive up between them and yank Jessie in the car, didn't expect him to run them over, and then really didn't expect him to execute that guy. I guess he had no choice at that point but it was so quick and decisive. The camera zooming up to his face followed by his quiet "Run." was one of the best moments of the season.

Would be interesting to see what happens now. I can't imagine that Gus will be ok with what happened, regardless of whether or not Walt makes him money. He's allowed too much to go on already, and this was not only a slap on the face of his direct order, but it's gonna call a serious amount of attention to their operation, which is no good.

Season finale's for this show scare me though. I have doubts as to whether or not everyone will make it alive.

17. stellie93

stellie93 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2006
    I assume he considers Jesse expendable. Only his "respect" for Walt was saving him. The question is whether he really has a soft spot for Walt, or if he plans on getting rid of both of them as soon as he finds someone else who can use Walt's method. Like the original helper he hired.

In Gus' world, a move like Walt made here might get you more respect.

18. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Dayum.

19. aforkosh

aforkosh Member

Apr 20, 2003
    Oakland, CA
    Given Gus's front business, why were the dealers eating burgers? No loyalty?

20. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    I could see it going both ways. On one hand, knowing they killed the kid after he said no more children could piss him off, since he has kids. So he might be more understanding to Jesse and more so to Walt. On the other hand, he might just feel like he's not in total control and feel disobeyed and want them both dead at this point. I see the latter being the case, given that next week is [sadly] the finale.