Both video outputs on Roamio Plus have died

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by dragontivo, May 24, 2018.

1. dragontivo

dragontivo New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    I'm a long time Tivo user with 2 Series2 units, 2 TivoHD units, and a RoamioPlus. While my older TivoHD units are still working fine, the RoamioPlus had it's HDMI output fail about 5 months ago.

From researching on the forums, it appeared that the HDMI was a common issue that has hit others with the Roamio as well. I never got around to callng Tivo about it, and have been using the composite output instead in the meantime. This weekend, the composite output also appears to have failed. I know the Roamio is still working, as I can still browse its contents from my other TivoHD units, and it is still recording shows.

I searched but could not find any information here about people have both video outputs fail.
    Thanks in advance for any advice or feedback.

2. ggieseke

ggieseke Well-Known Member

May 30, 2008
    Any chance the Roamio Plus is just in Standby mode?

3. dragontivo

dragontivo New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    Nope, when I press the tivo button on the remote, the unit shows that it detects it, but screen is still blank. I've also rebooted multiple times, and nothing ever shows up on the TV.

4. rdrrepair

rdrrepair Bill Knapp

Nov 24, 2006
    845 New York
    Have you tried new cables for hdmi & component? My living room tv set, hooked to a Bolt, sometimes acts up and I get nothing until I reboot the tv set. I once took my Roamio Pro to a work bench because of a bad video input on a tv set.

Not that you would want to use it... Have you tried the yellow composite yet?

5. dragontivo

dragontivo New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    For HDMI, I have tried different HDMI cables and different HDMI ports on the TV (which are known to be working ports), and different TVs also.

Per original post I have been using composite for the last months, and it is now gone as well.

6. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    If worse comes to worse, you might want to contact TiVo Support about it. Even though the box may be out of warranty (if that's the case), TiVo has been known to give discounted "sweetheart" replacement deals for box issues (I'd make this issue clear to them--this is not of your making), including for longtime customers.

7. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    You have stated 'composite' twice now, when I'm guessing you meant 'component'?

Or, maybe you haven't actually tried component yet?

My Premiere HDMI quit a while back too and I've just been using component. Maybe I should switch to the Bolt that is in a box in the front of the house?

-KP