Boston Legal "New Kids on the Block" 9/26/06 ***DENNY CRANE! SPOILERS!***

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by BriGuy20, Sep 26, 2006.

1. BriGuy20

BriGuy20 New Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Vienna, VA

Advertisements

Loved the "firm greeting" from Denny at the beginning.

Other fav moments:

"They can't be the new guys! If they were, they would have been in the Season Premeire!"

The guy on the street screaming at the new girl (Yankees hat). Having been to Boston with an unabashed Yankees fan, that's about the reaction you'd expect.

THE NEW GUY! He's like half G.I. Ken, half Alan.

Scotch on the balcony. All the stuff Alan talked about made it seem like they were gearing up for sweeps already. :p

2. Ereth

Ereth Unemployed Bum

Jun 16, 2000
    Jacksonville...
    Someone help me out. The new girl, who is that actress? I know I've seen her before and I liked her in something but for the life of me I can't place her!

3. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    4th wall? We don't need no stinking 4th wall! :)

4. SparkleMotion

SparkleMotion New Member

Feb 2, 2004
    Alive at...
    Check her imdb listing...I didn't recognize her, but I apparently have seen her in two or three things along the way.

"We might want to have midgets of our own." OMG...this show just gets weirder. :D

5. crateriko

crateriko New Member

Dec 7, 2005

Advertisements

Loved tonight's show.... mixed about the new characters, but it did bring a new life to the show

Denny is just hilarious

Didn't it seem like this should have been the season premiere?

6. BriGuy20

BriGuy20 New Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Vienna, VA
    It WAS the season premiere for me (missed last week because of transition to the Series 3).

Yep, Denny is just hilarious! I would expect nothing less of DENNY CRANE!!

7. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    Why do we even need "new guys", anyway?
    I don't think we need them when many of the regular characters are being ignored. Brad has had zero story lines so far, not enough Shirley, no Paul at all, and Denise is living in a soap.
    I realize that ABC is trying to bring in a younger viewing demographic, but I felt that the Coho character was much too over the top and dominated the show. He's too too.

As far as the case of the week Clarice/Clarence was brilliant and the murder was boring.

And as much as I enjoy their breeching the fourth wall if they do it too often it will lose its punch.

8. Fish Man

Fish Man Phish Food

Mar 4, 2002
    0.7 miles...
    Agreed.

They've gone too far with it already IMHO. It was funny the first 10 - 12 times. It's getting old now.

I loved the show, though. The new people are great. I like both of them. The woman was really working on my nerves at first ("ick!"), but she really became a believable and likeable character as the show wore on.

From the previews it looks like Paul will be back next week. That's good, I've missed him.

9. atrac

atrac New Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I was excited to see Craig Bierko joining the cast, but when I heard his bad Mandy Patinkin imitation he really started to get on my nerves. Drop the accent!

And yes, we have enough main characters now...STOP hiring people!!! ;)

I like the new lady...hated her at first...but she ended up being very cool.

Overall there were a lot of laugh out loud moments....hilarious episode!

10. iDriveX

iDriveX TiVo/Mac Guru

Jun 2, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    She was on Good Morning Miami! That's where I recognized her!

When they were doing the opening credits, I saw Katy Segal was going to be guest starring and I paused it and was like "They're bringing in Peggy Bundy?" but then it turned out that she played a serious role. They should have made her a judge. A quirky judge.

MASS-A-CHU-SETS

11. hearth

hearth New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Fair Oaks, CA
    I so AGREE with this statement! What was the point of the new guy, anyway? He is a Alan Shore rip-off. Every scene he did, I could picture Alan doing the same lines. Honestly, all I could think of last night was that I wish Alan was doing the murder trial and had those lines.

Boston Legal is one of my favorite shows, but it is that BECAUSE of Alan and Denny. Everybody else is just there to react to & off-of those two characters. I hope that they remember what made this show and clear out the clutter, including these new characters!!

12. Ereth

Ereth Unemployed Bum

Jun 16, 2000
    Jacksonville...
    I would have done that if I had been able to figure out what her name was. Now that you've provided the name I see that I recognize her as Sister Lilly from "Joan of Arcadia". Thanks.

13. SparkleMotion

SparkleMotion New Member

Feb 2, 2004
    Alive at...
    I know...it took a number of Googles before I was able to determine her name or the character's name.

14. super dave

super dave Friend Of The Court

Oct 1, 2002
    Maple Shade, NJ
    Hop away Horny Toad.
    The shoes are Prada, Ho.
    Women sometimes like having a peepee.
    Non stop witty dialog.

15. atrac

atrac New Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Los Angeles
    It was interesting when Alan and the new lady went to the door and "caught" the transvestie out of costume. I thought it meant that he was faking the whole thing and his whole purpose was to get a settlement agreement. The new lady almost psychically picked up on the idea that he had a crippling social disorder...

16. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    Good pacing in this episode. There was a pleasant lack of David E Kelly's dull preaching.

The new girl is hot, but her character is a clone of "Ling" from Ally McBeal.

17. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    What was the name of the dwarf actress? She's cute.

18. BriGuy20

BriGuy20 New Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Vienna, VA
    I did remember one instance of the preaching (maybe with Shirley?), but by and large yes, it was DEK-preach free.

19. Jon J

Jon J Curmudgeon TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Music City USA
    "Bill Clinton gave me this cigar."

"Cue the music!"

DENNY CRANE

:up:

20. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...