Boston Legal "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" 3/21/2006

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by balboa dave, Mar 22, 2006.

1. balboa dave

balboa dave well rounded

Jan 19, 2004
    Newport...
    I don't think this show has much focus anymore, if it ever really did, but some of the characters are fun, and you gotta love the many moments it does have:

Shatner to Selleck: "We're both leading men. We're like stars in our own show."

2. MitchO

MitchO Blasphemer: Uses DVR

Nov 7, 2003
    Lyndhurst NJ
    "You're a weird man, Denny."
    "A weird leading man."

I find it entertaining that Denny talks like he's the star of a TV show.~ I've also decided that if I ever had the need and finances to dress in a suit every day, I'd dress like Denny Crane. The guy's got style $

I'm glad to see that they are able to come up with storylines that I find acceptable for Paul and Shirley. While I could enjoy the "Spader and Shatner" show every week for eternity, there ARE more people on the show. Paul's character (just as Paul feels) has been ignored for too long, and the calming influence of his granddaughter suits him.

I thought for sure that it was Betty White, and not Alan, who sent the burglars. Consider me disturbed by how quickly you went there, too, Alan.

Brad's an idiot. Randomly taking out how much you have in your wallet ... how is he supposed to know if that's way too little or way too much?

"The elevator's for Democrats." :)

3. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    It sure took them a long time to go from the 14th floor to the 14th floor in the elevator near the end of the episode.

4. MitchO

MitchO Blasphemer: Uses DVR

Nov 7, 2003
    Lyndhurst NJ
    It also made very little sense that Ivan got out instead of Shirley.~

5. The Spud

The Spud Rather be cruising TCF Club

Aug 27, 2002
    Kent, WA
    Happy Birthday Denny Crane, er, I mean William Shatner (March 22).

6. Fl_Gulfer

Fl_Gulfer Tivo's R Us

May 27, 2005
    Fl.Gulf
    Still the best show on TV. Happy Birthday Captain.

7. Mr2sday

Mr2sday New Member

Jul 8, 2005
    Alan started out a really bad man. They lightened up his attitude when Denny started to get worse and they brought Shirley on. I was wondering if they'd bring the badness back.

8. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    Yeah, I caught that too. Too funny!

9. atrac

atrac New Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Yes, for me it was nice to see the "bad" Alan back again.

10. Jon J

Jon J Curmudgeon TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Music City USA
    The show is supposedly set at 500 Boylston Street, the home office building of Massachusetts Financial Services and the family of MFS mutual funds. Having placed quite a few accounts with them it is fun to see the location every week. ;)

11. tetspa

tetspa New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    I disagree that Alan was ever "bad". He was (and is) "troubled" - in a lot of pain. I remember an episode of "The Practice" where he seduces a "plain-looking" older-woman type client. The morning after he had a troubled conversation with her, something to the effect of "you are a better person than I am so I slept with you to see if it would ease my pain" - a mercy-seduction, so to speak. Just a troubled soul who went through a lot of self-medicating (drinking, sex, ect.) who only found peace during in the courtroom. Just as Denny's "plaque melts away when he is in a trail", Alan's pain disappates when he is in court.

He is not a bad person, just in a lot of pain. What causes the pain is a mystery.