Boston Legal 4/25/06 "Race Ipsa"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by atrac, Apr 26, 2006.

1. atrac

atrac New Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Los Angeles

Advertisements

What a thoroughly enjoyable episode! Peter McNicol returns to the Kelly Camp with some major Camp of his own and I think he pulled it off extremely well.

This show was more self-reflexive than ever in referring to the last time Alan had seen the female lawyer (paraphrasing) "On a Sunday night before being pulled off the air and returning to Tuesday while she went off to do movies." WOW. That's as close as you can get to saying "we're on tv!!" without turning to the camera and knocking on the lens. But don't get me wrong, I loved it!! The "Guest Star" comment later on really brought that idea home.

I sure hope this show is still getting good ratings because it really deserves them if its not!

2. crateriko

crateriko New Member

Dec 7, 2005
    I agree... probably one of my top 5 of this season. Denny Crane.

3. Fl_Gulfer

Fl_Gulfer Tivo's R Us

May 27, 2005
    Fl.Gulf
    I loved the "She's just a Guest star" line. Another great show.

4. jon777

jon777 Well-Known Member

May 30, 2002
    Jupiter, FL
    My favorite episode in recent memory. Great all around!

5. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis

Advertisements

I'm glad to see that Denny pulled back from the brink of liberalism on gun issues...

I mean, I'm all in favor of liberalism on gun issues. But having Denny come over to the light side just seems...wrong!

6. vikingguy

vikingguy New Member

Aug 11, 2005
    I loved it fun episode. The family and I could not stop laughing when denny shot the shrink the second time.

7. Idearat

Idearat Active Member

Nov 26, 2000
    Gilroy
    Denny's best line, after winning his case:

Enny-Day Ane-Cray

Also loved it when Denny was telling Dr. Biscuit about everyone having their own personal song.

8. MikeD99

MikeD99 Leesburg, VA

Nov 11, 2005
    Poopy-****.

9. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    "And here we are"
    "With old footage!"​
    The case Alan and the "Guest Star" were trying, was that leftover footage from the retooling transition? I assumed that the lines I quoted was supposed to indicate that.

One other question....

Denny: "I had sex with her, you know"
    Alan: "With whom?"
    Denny: "Kate Smith, before she put on the weight"​
    Who's Kate Smith???

10. Rocketslc

Rocketslc Active Member

Jan 4, 2004
    SLC, Utah...

Kathryn Elizabeth Smith (May 1, 1907 – June 17, 1986) was a Washington, D.C.-born singer best known for her rendition of Irving Berlin's "God Bless America".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kate_Smith

I might be an old softy, but I still get choked up when I hear her sing "God Bless America"​

11. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    Oh... okay. I think I even knew that, but completely failed to make to connection when Denny said it.

12. iDriveX

iDriveX TiVo/Mac Guru

Jun 2, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Anyone else notice that when Peter McNicols' character was in the hospital he was reading a magazine and on the front of the magazine was something about the plight of Salmon in the wild and I think Sea Lice (Cling-Ons)....Thought that was a nice rememberance from last season...

13. MusicMama

MusicMama Member

Mar 6, 2005
    Classic episode. Besides the great moments already mentioned, loved the Alan - Brad interaction about the balcony with Alan saying he thought 3 was a team and he wasn't a team player.

This show just gets better and better.

14. atrac

atrac New Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Totally! That was a classic moment! My jaw dropped and then I laughed my butt off!

15. MitchO

MitchO Blasphemer: Uses DVR

Nov 7, 2003
    Lyndhurst NJ
    Is it just me or has this show failed to have one normal judge?

Having Brad and Julie Bowen get together I suppose was inevitable. Up to the making out, both characters were dead on sparkling (Brad being the "Total Package", but he's such a bore that he never gets second dates makes so much sense); but it seemed too cliche for them to "enjoy the kissing" a little too much. She makes great reaction faces, tho.

There was no way that Alan's client should have gotten off. All those people that she listed as believing in non-violent protest were all ARRESTED and JAILED at various points for their protests.

I hope they don't go stalker with the secretary.

Enny-Day Ane-Cray!

16. Jon J

Jon J Curmudgeon TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Music City USA
    Media column in the local paper today predicted Boston Legal will not be renewed. :thumbsdown:

17. Poogie

Poogie Well-Known Member

May 12, 2002
    SoCal
    According to this article in Media Life Magazine, Boston Legal is safe.

Loved this episode. Leave it to DEK to work in Shatner's kidney Stone. (Denny Crane: "I feel like everything I've wanted to express in life is still bottled up inside me like a . . . kidney stone.")

Nice to see a nod to Ally McBeal with the "Everyone's got a song in them. . ." line.

18. Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    I loved it when Denny Crane told Alan that his shrink was a ("good, gun-toting")Republican ...then he told the court that he was a ("bad") Democrat! :p
    Denny Crane......
    Mad Cow.....
    :up: :up: