Boston Legal 1/17

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by busyba, Jan 17, 2006.

1. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC

Advertisements

Coming back from the first commercial break, they showed a couple of quick scenes around the boston area. One was of a bench on the Cambridge bank of the Charles River with a view of the Mass Ave bridge and Boston.

In 1990, I made out with a girl on that bench :)

2. Spire

Spire Fallen

Jun 6, 2001
    Everywhere...
    In 1989, I did more than that on that bench.

3. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    I......gasp.....

....SAT on it :eek: :eek: :eek:

4. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    Does that make us bench buddies? :eek: ;)

5. vikingguy

vikingguy New Member

Aug 11, 2005

Advertisements

I like this episode a lot MJF did a great job again. I also like the case a lot because I know a helicopter parent. When shirly and bev were in the bar I almost lost it over "the schmitt" especially when the stranger asked about it when bev left. I am glad "hands" got off and hope to see him time to time I like the character. The duet with bev and denny was so bad it made me laugh because you see that couple every karoke night at the local bar.

6. atrac

atrac New Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Los Angeles
    The exchange between Shatner and MJF (where MJF gets permission to try the case) was priceless!

*edit*

Actually now that I've finished the show I'd like to add that MJF was really good in this one. And it seems that the camera angles were much more liberal between he and Julie Bowen, as you could clearly see that she is taller than he is. ;)

I love the comedy of this show, but still prefer an episode when the drama outweighs the insanity (as it did in this one).

And I'm looking forward to the guest star next week (and I'll leave it at that since those are the rules).

7. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    When Crane and Bev were singing the duet and the camera was in for a semi-closeup, well.... let's just say that High Definition was not kind to the otherwise lovely Ms. Cassidy. :eek:

8. iDriveX

iDriveX TiVo/Mac Guru

Jun 2, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    "I'm the captain of this ship" <-----Weekly Star Trek Reference (when he was arguing with Paul)

And how come no one has mentioned his mambo with Alan. THAT was priceless!

9. MitchO

MitchO Blasphemer: Uses DVR

Nov 7, 2003
    Lyndhurst NJ
    Boston Legal: "That Show that occurs between the fantastic scenes". :) Seriously, it feels sometimes like they come with the brilliant moments first, and then fill in the story in between it. All of the mentioned moments on this thread: MJF with Shatner, the Mambo, the Karaoke, MJF's court scenes ... great stuff. Add Paul and Denny's argument to the list as well .. good to see Paul get to chew up a scene, too.

I must admit that I came in predisposed to not like the Bowen/MJF relationship, as I wasn't a fan of her addition to the show and I thought it would feel forced to get someone to fall in love that quickly with MJF's character ... but I'm actually quite enjoying it. It's coming along nicely, and he is being genuinely charming. I'm hoping it doesn't get too heavy handed, as Julie Bowen's surfing of the net would lead us to believe.

Now that we're ignoring the new juniors, and we've actually managed to balance out some of the other folks like Paul, Schmitt and Brad .. this arc really feels like the show is hitting it's stride. Yay.

"No one should be allowed to do that. Unless .. they were actually a badger." :)

10. efilippi

efilippi Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 24, 2001
    Mundelein, Il
    I guess I am in the minority but I do not like MJF on the show at all. I can't get over watching his continually jerking motions, facial tics, poor vocal delivery, super fast video cuts to help him out...

Insensitive, I suppose, but the guy is out of place.

11. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    THAT had me in tears....

12. SparkleMotion

SparkleMotion New Member

Feb 2, 2004
    Alive at...
    Minority maybe, but you're not alone. It's sad to see him struggle, 'cause it's obvious that underneath it all, he IS struggling to maintain. I understand that he gets the urge to work since his forced retirement, and while it's not anywhere near to the Dick Clark New Year's reveal, it's getting more and more obvious that he would benefit greatly from some new advance against Parkinson's. :(

13. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    Hopefully, come 2008, we'll be allowed to search for one. :rolleyes:

ibtl :D

14. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I had pretty much written this show off as another victim of the inevitable David Kelley Decline Into Silliness, when the past couple of episodes came along.

He's still got it!

15. cancermatt

cancermatt No Pop Culture Here.

May 20, 2002
    Newhall, CA...
    DEK seems to have it on an episode-by-episode basis... when it goes into season-long territory he seems to fade. Especially after a couple of seasons, when his creativity is mined.

That being said, I LOVE Michael J. Fox, his character is interesting and it seems he's having fun. However, I, too had a hard time watching him continue to move/jerk around. He'll most likely win the best male guest starring in a drama Emmy (write it down, I said it first), since so many other big-named stars have come and gone and won the award from The Practice and BL.

I want more drama, less politics, but it seems I'll be always searching for it. I've wanted, ever since the "pilot" for Alan and Brad to return to being rivals, not friends. Since they're never shown together, I suppose this is continuing (if the writers go back there). Now that Brad is a partner, I truly hope he holds it over Alan's head and they return to being snippy.

Now that Alan doesn't have a secretary again, are we going to continue to see pretty eye-candy come and go per episode? I hope so.

16. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    Now that the Hands trial is over, I think Alan gets his secretary back. There's no further need for the Vietnamese Wall. :D

17. SparkleMotion

SparkleMotion New Member

Feb 2, 2004
    Alive at...
    I'm all atwitter over the return (in the promo) of
    Catherine Piper!
    Oh, joy! A great character and a great performer returns! :up:

18. cancermatt

cancermatt No Pop Culture Here.

May 20, 2002
    Newhall, CA...
    Sparkle, it just adds more credence to my belief: bring in big-named stars to do limited number of episodes as a special guest star and walk home with the trophy. Go figure, although I love it! :)

We shoulda seen it coming!

19. IndyJones1023

IndyJones1023 Auteur

Apr 1, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Great ep. I loved all the scenes already mentioned. Such delicious television. It's great to see a name like Shatner really enjoying himself on screen.

20. iceturkee

iceturkee Member

May 26, 2005
    i thought of two things tuesday night. one was that betty white definitely needs to come back and two, james spader and william shatner have very great chemistry together.

one wonders if dek will find a way to write in a script, a reference to shatner selling his kidney stone for $25,000 for habitat for humanity? i say, if the shoe fits.........