Bose 700 Soundbar / TV --- TiVo Glo Programable Remote Power BOTH on/off fix

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Sparky1234, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Sparky1234

Sparky1234 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2006
    Bose Soundbar

I was reading the above old thread after trying for an hour or so to get my TiVo Glo Remote to power on/off both my Panasonic TV and Bose 700 Soundbar. That thread gave me the idea to enter the Bose 1007 code into the TV Power in the TiVo settings.

Here's what I did, I first set the TV Power code to my Panasonic TV 0359, then set the AVR setting to the Bose 1007, then went back to the TV power settings and entered the Bose AVR number 1007 here too. Eureka it works! My TiVo Glo Remote now powers both devices on and off.

I tried learning the code between remotes with no luck. I tried adding a second TV power on / off by selecting 1 / 2 before TV Power with no luck - see below.

Can ONE remote control Tivo, TV and A/V soundbar?

https://support.tivo.com/articles/F...the-Learning-Feature-of-TiVo-Learning-Remotes

I tried all the Bose codes in AVR and only 1007 controlled the volume +/- and mute but not power on / off. You get the point, lots of trial and error.

I hope this helps others out. If my steps are unclear just ask.

Oh and don't believe the bad reviews about this Soundbar, it's fantastic. As long as you are tech savvy with your phone and can program a remote it is cutting edge technology and the sound is incredible.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
  2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    The 1/2 switch is only for controlling 2 Tivos separately, not TV/AV devices.

3. Sparky1234

May 8, 2006
    Not true, read the link. I originally successfully programmed the TiVo Glo remote to control my old Sony soundbar by learning and same TV on / off with this link:

https://support.tivo.com/articles/F...the-Learning-Feature-of-TiVo-Learning-Remotes

For some reason the TiVo Glo would not learn the Bose 700 Soundbar on / off with the 1 /2 method.

4. Sparky1234

May 8, 2006
    What questions do you have for me?