'Bosch' - Season 6 Thread - Amazon Prime Video (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Pokemon_Dad, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Pokemon_Dad

Pokemon_Dad Ruler of Unown UI

Jan 19, 2008
    Silicon Valley
    Binged the whole thing in one afternoon and evening! I could blame COVID, but the show really was that good. Seems like this series can keep going strong for at least another few seasons.

markymark_ctown likes this.
  2. efilippi

efilippi Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2001
    Mundelein, Il
    It is certainly one of my favorite shows too, Even though I can never remember which one is Crate and which one is Barrel. :>)

One thing that strikes me about this series, a series which has now spanned a number of years in production, is that all the characters look exactly like they did in earlier seasons. Even Mattie.

Perhaps dumb question but is the fragile woman, mother of the murdered child whose cold case is central to this story, the same woman who was at Charley Company in last year's episode? I had thought she 'didn't make it' but confess I'm not sure. Even though I have watched every season more than once.

3. Pokemon_Dad

Pokemon_Dad Ruler of Unown UI

Jan 19, 2008
    Silicon Valley
    I remembered the general outline of her story, but not some of the details you'll find in this wiki: Elizabeth Clayton

4. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    Yes

5. Craigbob

Craigbob Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2006
    Land of...
    Damn... That went by fast. Excellent season as usual. and I love that L.A. is as much a character as the people. I've been to many of the locales in the show especially the Ace Hotel. It also gives me a few ideas for places to go that I've not been to before.

IOW if Jerry's dream was the reality of the shoot or his nightmare of it.

6. efilippi

efilippi Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2001
    Mundelein, Il
    My guess is the dream was the reality. I even thought he killed both of them, but apparently not.

When I see scenes like that one, him entering the house alone after sitting outside for so long, thinking everything out, I have to wonder how the heck anyone would ever do that job.

7. markymark_ctown

markymark_ctown Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2004
    C-Town
    Started the season last night - excellent intro.

Bosch appeared more tatted up on his arms/forearms than I remember from previous seasons or maybe it just stuck out more last night in E1

8. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Southern CT
    Ya know, I went to Amazon just to see what's up. A new season of Bosch!! One of my favorite shows. It goes by too fast I have episode 10 waiting.

9. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    He (Titus Welliver) has gotten more tattoos since last seasn.
    All the tattoos are his and real, except for the ones on his knuckles, IIRC.

10. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    Although, the episode I just watched last night, he had no knuckle tattoos.
    I swear I've seen them in previous seasons, maybe they just decided it wasn't worth the extra time in makeup if they weren't going to talk about them.

11. JandS

JandS Well-Known Member TCF Club

Oct 1, 2010
    East of Seattle
  12. john4200

john4200 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    JandS likes this.
  13. MacThor

MacThor Not Pictured

Feb 7, 2002
    Richmond VA
    I really liked this season - in fact I think it's one of the best, but the finale just seemed like they were trying to close too many loops, and it made it feel rushed and sloppy.

In the last half hour, they resolved:
    • Avril/Gary & Dwight Wise
    • Sovereigns
    • Daisy Clayton
    • Alicia Kent (at least the pre-trial motion)
    • Chief's Mayoral candidacy/extortion plot
    Remy just up and decides to (try to) kill Avril - while J Edgar is watching the house? Where did that come from? How convenient!
    All that plus a bombing of the courthouse!
    They just dropped the sexual harassment storyline. (Anyone notice/cringe when Billets put her hand on Jerry's arm as they walked out of his OIS interview?) :)

Maddie's boyfriend this season was way better than Mr. Zero Chemistry from Season 5. Her character keeps getting better. I thought it was funny when she tried to order the margarita and her dad wouldn't vouch for her age, then her boyfriend (who wasn't that much older) didn't even get carded by the waitress!

And while I get why Maddie would want to work for Money Honey Chandler, and genuinely seemed to enjoy it - a constant theme of this show is that she can't lose her dad - he's all she has left. I guess Bosch never told his daughter that Chandler's the main reason his picture wound up in the paper, and he had to kill 5 dudes in the last few episodes of Season 5?

14. SWFan

SWFan Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2002
    Kansas...
    I too thought the last episode felt too jam packed with various stories getting resolved. And with the ending song I honestly thought this was the series finale. Had to look it up to find there will be one more season.

Other than the last episode I fully enjoyed this season as I have all the previous seasons.