Borat Subsequent Moviefilm: Delivery of Prodigious Bribe to ... [Amazon Prime 10/23/2020 *SPOILERS*]

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by mlsnyc, Oct 23, 2020.

1. mlsnyc

mlsnyc Well-Known Member TCF Club

Dec 2, 2009

Advertisements

Starting this thread so we can discuss without needing to spoilerize things from the film.

2. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    So the whole thing at the end with Giuliani
    I thought it would be worse

He was creep AF but she did look to be in her early 20's and she was the one who untucked his pants and it really did look like he was tucking them back in.

Was hoping it was more of a bombshell than just creepy

3. mlsnyc

Dec 2, 2009
    I thought this one was much funnier than the first one. Maybe I've gotten really desensitized over the last 14 years, but I didn't find myself cringing at anything. There were definitely plenty of scenes that were clearly going for shock value, like the debutante ball where Tutar unwittingly flashed here undies soaked in faux menstrual blood. There wasn't even any bit where I felt he was in any kind of danger or doing something to incite scary hatred from the crowd, unlike in the first film.

It's hard to tell what parts, if any, was him or Tutar really putting one over on their targets and what was scripted. The Republican Women's convention thing did seem like Tutar genuinely making a bunch of conservative women uncomfortable but still wanting to be supportive. The "PMS" store he went to for faxing the premiere was clearly scripted. Anyways, I thought almost all of the bits landed, whether they were scripted or real.

And the Guliani thing at the end, I didn't think it was as shocking as the hype. The whole bedroom scene could've been faked as far as I know. Either his face was blurry or we saw his back. Meanwhile in the interview parts of the scene you'd see him clearly. So for me it more like some big joke at Guliani's expense, where he's clearly an unhinged individual but it isn't as scandalous at it was made out to be. But then I hear in news reports and see in articles that Guliani is saying his actions were taken out of context, which is essentially him admitting that was him with his hand down his crotch in a hotel bedroom with a 20-year old woman. I can only shake my head at this one.

Tony_T and series5orpremier like this.
  4. series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013
    I agree I wouldn't be too judgmental against Giuliani, but it was poor judgment and creepy on his part (including copping feels) to end up alone in a hotel bedroom with an apparently vulnerable young woman. I think the funny part is he fashions himself as a political hit man helping dig up dirt on others, and he would make a federal case about something like this, or even a fraction of something like this, if he had it on a political opponent.

5. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL

Advertisements

Wow! I can't believe the first film was 14 years ago. Time sure does fly!

6. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    Wawa wee wa!

Tony_T likes this.
  7. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    I never watched the first one but gave this a try last night. Holy crap, it's awful. Made it about 10 minutes, won't be back.

8. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Southern CT
    Him and the fat guy rolling around in the bed naked might have been the craziest crap I ever saw. First film.

markymark_ctown likes this.
  9. Tony_T

Tony_T Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2017
    I enjoyed it. Loved the Tom Hanks cameo.
    I was surprised at the Amazon warning as it was a 1sec clip of Trudeau.
    This was an Amazon Original — they should have just deleted the clip.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
  10. robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    I want to watch the Melania animated movie.

wmcbrine likes this.
  11. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    Everyone's talking about the shirt on the bed, but I thought a different part of that segment was much more shocking: Giuliani saying that he believed COVID-19 was developed in a Chinese laboratory, and spread intentionally by the Chinese. Serious conspiracy-nut stuff. Did anyone else know he'd been saying this? I've heard it before, of course (and there's worse stuff said in the movie), but only from fringe figures, not the so-called President's so-called lawyer. Chilling.

But mostly it was funny.

12. robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    In a normal time, yes that would be the most damning part. However we now live in a crazy time where that might register in some peoples brains as the crazy part, but it's part of the new normal of the crazy time so we shrug it off since screaming about it falls on deaf ears. :(

13. series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013
    Sacha Baron Cohen on Colbert last night with inside stories about the making of the movie. Re/Maria Bakalova's performance he said, "If she doesn't win an Oscar then I don't know what the Academy is for."

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    Tony_T likes this.
  14. pdhenry

pdhenry Ruthless

Feb 27, 2005
    PA
    Watch the first Colbert interview in the post above, starting about at the six minute mark. During the "Wuhan Flu" scene at the rally he probably was in some danger.

15. JohnB1000

JohnB1000 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2004
    But that wasn't in the movie.

16. pdhenry

pdhenry Ruthless

Feb 27, 2005
    PA
    Yes, it was edited out. But it doesn't follow that SBC wasn't ever in apparent danger.

17. mlsnyc

Dec 2, 2009
    I didn't say anything about him not being in apparent or actual danger. Just that none of the bits shown in the movie felt that way to me.

18. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    I think he did show some of his bits, or at least very very close to

19. mlsnyc

Dec 2, 2009
    There were parts where his bits were getting slammed. Hard. So I guess there was danger there.