Boolean wishlist search?

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by wtherrell, Apr 12, 2017.

1. wtherrell

wtherrell Active Member

Dec 23, 2004
    Huntersville...

Advertisements

Just got my new Bolt+ and One Pass does not work properly so I am trying to set up a wishlist with keyword search for "this" but exclude shows with keyword "that". I seem to remember doing that on my older Tivo years ago. This would be a good workaround for the poor onepass implementation.

2. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...
    Yes you can do that, assuming the wishlist is for title or keyword (or maybe actor; can't remember if you can apply modifiers to actors).

(these are from memory, so may not be exactly word perfect; as assume you're doing a title wishlist, keyword would work just the same. The difference is keyword searches titles and discription while title just searches series & episode title)

Go to create new wishlist
    select keyword
    type in the first keyword "this"
    select add additional keyword
    type in the second keyword "that"
    navigate to the right and then down to the list of two keywords. To exclude "that" highlight it and press thumbs down.

That'll add a minus sign in front of the word and that wishlist won't match or record any programs with that excluded word in the searched text.

If you'd entered thumbs up the keyword would be put in parenthesis meaning "OR", while keywords with no modifier are treated as AND. (Note: The OR applies only between the keywords you've placed in parenthesis); so "(this)" "(that)" would mean either or both would match, but "this" "(that)" means both need to be there because you provided no alternate choice for "that"

wtherrell likes this.
  3. wtherrell

wtherrell Active Member

Dec 23, 2004
    Huntersville...
    Ah, yes it sounds familiar. Thanks so much! I will give that a try.

4. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    You can do this with Titles, Keywords and Actors. Not Categories.

Jonathan_S and wtherrell like this.