Book Mark vs. Wish List....can't figure out what the difference is on my Roameo Pro

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Michael Quinn, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Michael Quinn

Michael Quinn Semper Fidelis

Jun 22, 2017

Advertisements

What exactly is the difference in function between "book mark" and "wish list"? I can't find that info anywhere. Thanks.

2. reneg

reneg Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Long time Tivo user, and I'd never heard of a bookmark, but here is a Tivo description of bookmark: Bookmark & watch later

Wish Lists are now called One Passes, here is description: OnePass search

Michael Quinn likes this.
  3. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    A "Bookmark" is a reference within "My Shows" to a program -- either a TV show or movie -- that is available via one of the OnePass-registered Internet streaming services: Netflix, Amazon, VUDU, Hulu, {provider} On Demand.

A "Wish List" is what it's been for ages, a generic saved search, but with the ability to be configured to automatically record matches. (search TCF for "ARWL")

At least that's a rough description for their functionality pre-Hydra.

wtherrell and Michael Quinn like this.
  4. Michael Quinn

Jun 22, 2017
    Many thanks!

5. reneg

reneg Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2002

Advertisements

Doh, correcting my mistake. One Passes replaced Season Passes. Wishlists are still around - description of Wishlists - WishList

6. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead TCF Club

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    Thanks, too, as I'd never heard of a Bookmark in my many TiVo years. I don't stream from any service on my Roamio or Bolt, so didn't understand the question, but perplexed enough to read this thread.

7. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Pick any program in your TDL. Move right. Look down. See "Bookmark in My Shows".

8. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    I bookmark movies that we didn't see at the theater but which we want to watch once they become available via streaming on Netflix or Amazon (or recording although you have to open each one to see that). Every couple of weeks I check the list to see if they are available.

Scott

9. Michael Quinn

Jun 22, 2017
    Great idea!! Thanks

10. Michael Quinn

Jun 22, 2017
    I'm still very confused between book marks and wish lists. Tivo sure doesn't make this very clear. You say you have never seen "book mark". Just for fun do a search for the 2017 movie "Dunkirk" and select it. You will see "Recording and Bookmark options" in the second line. What the heck are book mark options. It almost seems like a needless word which just confuses the notion of what a "wish list" is. If I understand it correctly, you put in a wish list for anything, movie, actor, etc., and it keeps searching until you remove the wish list. How is that different from a "bookmark"? Sorry to be so dense!

Happy New Year!! And thanks to all here...this forum is excellent, the Tivo company could learn a thing or two!

11. Michael Quinn

Jun 22, 2017
    I think my wife just figured it out. "Wish Lists" that you put in actually records the program when it becomes available, while "Bookmarks" merely place a notification in your "My Shows" letting you know that the "Bookmarked" programming is now available to be streamed, e.g., Amazon or Hulu.
    Man...I had a mental block on that one!!

TeamPace likes this.
  12. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    Close. Wishlists are searches for keywords, actors, etc. They only search recordable channel data. You can set them to record or not. They are not for shows that will show up someday specifically. They slow you to do complex searches across channels. And across multiple shows or movies. They are saved searches that you can tell to record.

Bookmarks are for streaming only and are single show or movie specific.

One Pass is show specific.

13. Kevin Carroll

Kevin Carroll New Member

Apr 6, 2019
    Ahh - FINALLY an answer that makes it all so clear!