Bones "The Change in the Game" Season 6 Finale

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Amnesia, May 20, 2011.

1. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Well, I guess that answers the "did they or didn't they question".

Now the question is whether or not Bones actually has the baby. Is this show really going to have 2 babies next season? Or perhaps next season will start just where this one left off and now they need to tell everyone about their relationship etc...

2. tivogurl

tivogurl New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Bones was so obviously pregnant, yet somehow nobody noticed.

3. john4200

john4200 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Huh? Didn't they just sleep together two weeks ago?

4. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    We don't know!!!!!!

This show treats its long time viewers like crap.

5. tivogurl

tivogurl New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    She couldn't possibly have found out she's pregnant in two weeks. I assume it was longer in-story. Regardless, look at Emily's body. Her middle is far too rotund for a woman less than 2 months pregnant, and that blouse she was wearing in the bowling alley had "maternity" written all over it. There's a great side view of Emily around minute 52 showing this. The other characters, of course, are required not to notice this.

6. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    Emily is pregnant in real life, so they're writing it into the show.

I've seen some online discussion about the gap between this episode and last week's. Angela was eight months pregnant in last week's episode, but two weeks overdue in this one -- so SIX weeks elapsed between the two episodes. Plenty of time for Brennan to find out she was impregnated during that first comfort sex in last week's episode. And some folks, including myself, believe Booth and Brennan got happy a few more times in the interim.

7. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    They certainly seemed happy together---more like a couple than like two friends who had sex a month and a half ago...

8. Sirius Black

Sirius Black Grey Warden Reject

Dec 26, 2001
    A City by...
    I definitely thought that Daddy Bones was picking up on that, even if he didn't say anything. It was refreshing to not have Sweets analyze it though. Better that it should come next season.

I'd also wonder if Bones is open to keeping the baby. Given her... logic to a fault personality, I don't know that she is going understand why Booth is going to A) suggest keeping the baby and B) asking her to marry him. That's just pure speculation, of course but six years watching Booth and how he reacts to things that Bones says/does leads me to those two things.

As for having two babies, Angela and Hodgins are super rich, right? Well Hodgins is... now that we know the baby doesn't have whatever it is they thought he would have, I'm guessing a side story will be finding a nanny. Neither Angela nor Hodgins seems the give up the job for the baby type.

9. robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    Since someone is always looking at a body there, just install a playpen next to the autopsy table.. :D

10. Rocketslc

Rocketslc Active Member

Jan 4, 2004
    SLC, Utah...
    Introducing a new character for next season
    [​IMG]

11. llurgy

llurgy Yorkshire Lass

Nov 5, 2003
    South...
    I just adored the smile that appeared on Booths face when Bones told him that he was the father :)

12. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    Probably my favorite moment of the entire episode.

13. tivogurl

tivogurl New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    I know. I'm just always amused that they do so in a part of the story where the character isn't pregnant, causing bulging bellies to be invisible.

14. Sirius Black

Sirius Black Grey Warden Reject

Dec 26, 2001
    A City by...
    It worked for Julia Louis-Dreyfus -- twice -- during Seinfeld. IIRC.

15. cmontyburns

cmontyburns Excellent.

Nov 14, 2001
    Houston, TX
    In an interview with EW, exec producer Stephen Nathan said it was at least a month.

In that same interview, Nathan also said they planned this before Deschanel found out she was pregnant.

Here's the interview (very mild spoilers for next season):

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/05/20/bones-season-6-finale-pregnant/

16. Thom

Thom Unemployed and loving it !

Jun 5, 2000
    Southern Calif.
    As I was watching this episode, I decided Emily Deschanel probably was pregnant in real life. Her breasts were definitely larger, and it wasn't because of strategic padding or a Wonderbra. And then her character announced she was pregnant at the end of the episode.

17. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    I think that sounds about right... iirc, Angela was complaining about being about 8 months pregnant in the previous episode, and then in this one she was either at or after her due date.

18. jehma

jehma Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2003
    NJ
    Loved that smile. By far the best moment.