Bones - OAD 11/26/08

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by aintnosin, Nov 27, 2008.

1. aintnosin

aintnosin [Spoiler]

Jun 25, 2003
    Lake Forest, CA

Advertisements

Um, I was hoping we'd seen the last of Max. Seriously, an ex-fugitive working in the Jeffersonian? :rolleyes:

2. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    No more ridiculous than letting stand the scads of tests run and bones classified by Zak.
    Any institution that had someone like Zak employed would no longer be the FBI "go to" institution. Tons of tests would have to be rerun. The place would be a nightmare for years.
    IMO Max doing science experiments is much less troublesome. Equally preposterous, but this show gave up any semblance of believability long ago.

3. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    Any semblance of reality went out the door in episode 1, when Bones was explained to be a best-selling novelist even though she was apparently as clueless about pop culture as Sheldon on Big Bang Theory.

4. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Yeah, that's one thing that still bugs me...not only is she clueless about pop culture (which they don't play up so much any more), but she's clueless about basic human behavior. Yet she writes novels that sell to the masses! Huh?!?

The Zak stuff was really a shark jump. I still watch the show, but I expect absolutely nothing from it. It's pure, empty mind-calories. The Hostess Twinkie of television.

Mmmm. Twinkies!

5. Jan 1, 2009 #5 of 10
    betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...

Advertisements

I found myself watching the marathon that was on today. Watching it off and on and enjoying episodes with that early Zak. Favorite all time would be the Christmas episode and the one where Bones and Hodges are buried.

Sad that they decided the storyline for Zak that they did and also that the Angela/Hodges romance was dissolved.

6. Jan 2, 2009 #6 of 10
    coolpenguin

coolpenguin New Member

Apr 26, 2004
    Glen Burnie, MD
    the only episode i've ever seen was when Bones and Hodges were buried! I loved it! I've wanted to get into it but it never seems to happen. Perhaps I'll try again. How many seasons are there?

7. Jan 2, 2009 #7 of 10
    JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Any semblance of reality went out the window in the first two minutes of the pilot when Angela flashed the airline clerk to get a response.

8. Jan 2, 2009 #8 of 10
    christopher45

christopher45 New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    You may also have a look at blinkx Remote. You may get the missed episodes.

9. Jan 2, 2009 #9 of 10
    coolpenguin

coolpenguin New Member

Apr 26, 2004
    Glen Burnie, MD
    thanks...i need to check that out. also thinking about adding it to the Netflix queue.

10. christopher45

christopher45 New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Welcome coolpenguin.